What to look for buying a corrado

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by Ditchyboy, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Ditchyboy Forum Member

I am going to be looking at a corrado 2L 16v this week and wondered what i should be looking for.
    What electronically and mechanically to look for as well as rust areas etc.
    I know the spoiler should go up at 45-50mph automatically, if it doesnt but does on the switch is this an easy fix?
    One thing i do know is that the drivers door handle wont open from the outside, he has said its a clip on the inside and is a fairly common thing and an easy fix, anyone know about this?
    Thanks and i look forward to the pointers

Michael

2. lard44 Forum Member

3. BennyC Paid Member Paid Member

There is a relay for the spoiler behind the switch, also if someone has fitted a stereo or been in that area there is a blue white wire I think that's the colour, these often get wired up wrong as its the same colour as the dimmer switch wiring for the headlights. Defo recommend corrados mine was a joy to own and drive. Kr cam mod works well on these.

4. Ditchyboy Forum Member

thanks for that guys
    lard what does it mean by the bonnet cross section?

5. DuBAndy Forum Member

That wiki is pretty good. I'd just like to highlight some problem areas from having 4 corrados:

Sunroofs - I've only had one corrado with a working sunroof! This is very common. If yours works be sure to grease the mech!
    Spoilers - Some go up at 45, some go up at around 55... All 4 of my corrados have had working spoilers with no issues
    Heater blower switch - These are prone to going - the blower will only work speed 3 normally. Never had a problem myself but no people who have
    Heater matrix - These fail after around 10 - 20 years. Dash out job.
    Door handles - Always break! You can fit passat handles but a couple of levers inside the handles need changing
    Fog light - Late fog lights are expensive!
    Headlight switch - these run hot & are expensive. Fit an uprated loom with relays to preserve the switch.

Andy

MonkeyDog likes this.
  6. Ditchyboy Forum Member

cheers andy