What would you do with 1000 on a Mk3 Gti

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by coombed, Feb 20, 2004.

1. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

I'd buy a VR6 engine for about 700, and spend the rest of the cash paying myself in whiskey for the labour.

2. AndrewF Forum Addict

sell the gti and buy a vr6! :lol:

(no point in goin to the hassle of swapping engines, or wasting money tuning the current engine when it'll never compare with other mkIII engines)

3. lockdog Forum Member

set of fat ass wheeels, pull the arches. :lol: i got clear fogs and indicators off ebay for 70, but i aint fitted em yet

4. coombed Forum Member

Tell me more about the best engine conversion! Whats it gonna cost? Very interested! The car is quite quick at the mo, but not at the same time. I have been used to driving my mk2 gti 8v and that was a tad quicker. Need more speed!

Dunk

5. MrBen Forum Junkie

I wouldn't bother with an engine conversion - you can go out and buy a factory 16v or VR6 if you want one, for not a huge amount of money these days! Personally I like the 8v engine, and if I had anything quicker I'd only end up with even more points on my licence anyway!!

6. Admin Guest

suspension & wheels/tyres