whats a 6 speed Gemini box worth ?

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by ian-speedy, Jan 26, 2013.

Tags:
  1. ian-speedy Forum Member

Hi
    I have been offered a 6 speed gemini sequential gearbox so was wondering what my 6 speed H pattern gearbox is worth , recently stripped and rebuilt by hotgolf with some new bearings , its only geared for about 112 mph so would suit motorsport use , but does have a longer final drive as a spare , not sure the ratio off the top of my head.
    It will also come with the gearstick and cables which cost the guy who built the car about 900 euro's , pic of gearstick here

[​IMG]

gearbox in the car

[​IMG]

What are these worth ?

Cheers Ian

2. thegave Forum Member

Hm is this a standard 02A with the semi-helical Gemini 3-6 gearkit and VWMS end plate?

3. ian-speedy Forum Member

Hi
    The gearbox ratio's are
    1st - 2.72
    2nd - 2.06
    3rd - 1.68
    4th - 1.42
    5th - 1.26
    6th - 1.08
    final drive 4.6

I don't know anything else about the gearbox apart from the above , it does have an LSD but unsure what make , maybe hotgolf will remember , the diff is tight enough to carry on driving with a snapped drive shaft !

It is a syncro box and I would guess its semi helical as its doesn't whine like a straight cut box.

Cheers Ian

4. babbe Forum Member

Its a 020 box. think its worth a bit for the right buyer, arent they pretty rare?

5. murph81 Forum Member

Those CAE shifters for the 020 box are €1300 new these days!

6. ian-speedy Forum Member

If I can buy this sequential at the right money I'm thinking 2500 for my box , gear stick and cables ?? And 500 for my brand new shafts if I can't use them