Whats the best four branch exhaust manifold fitted to a MK2 golf with ABF conversion?

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Chrisrpal, Nov 14, 2010.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

no on the actual 16v downpipe it has a massive box on it, which wont go thru the gap between tunnel and subframe. just means subby drop or possibly rack removal to get it in:
    [​IMG]

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

If you need help with dyno development send me a PM.
    1.8 digifant pump will run on the close to the edge with an ABF engine and digifant 3.x and may not be sufficient with a remapped or an engine running on aftermarket controls.
    KJet unit recommended.

3. Chrisrpal Events Team

Ok makes sense now. My old exhaust mainfold before I fitted the four branch never had that box on it. Looks a pain in the **** anyway. It's just a silencer anyway right?

4. Chrisrpal Events Team

Cool, ok I'll get a Kjet one. Second will be ok?

5. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Or in the case of the 16v vehicle in the how to thread you will need to lift the front of the car high in the air to remove this part by turning the flange towards the engine block and feeding the downpipe downwards and away from the crossmember. I did not mention this in the thread.

6. rubjonny

cool thats another option then, if you have a ramp or reeeeeeealy big jack :lol:

7. Chrisrpal Events Team

Apart from KR 16V fuel pumps working with the ABF conversion into a mk2. Will a ABF pump from a mk3 16V fit the mk2 golf or are the brackets different? Do the fuel lines need replacing for 16V ones?

8. rubjonny

mk3 has different setup, the fuel tank is different and only the 1 mainpump is fitted inside tank. under car there is just a plastic bracket to hold the fuel filter and thats it!