The barn is a bit tight getting cars in and out, so I've been looking at buying these... BUT... people I know who bought the cheap ones tell me they're no good with the slightest bump in the floor.... and a mate bought the fancy racing ones that have a built in jack to lift the car, and the jack handle on one of his broke off. So I thought I'd make my own, as I had some scrap steel lying around to do the job. 1" box section and 1" angle steel - about 4mm thick, so good sturdy stuff. I used the 1" box section for the length-wise pieces, as I don't want it bending in the middle of the long members, and the angle for the cross pieces. I bought some heavy duty rubber castors from Screwfix, rated at 95kg each - that's about 750 kg for the pair of skates, so should be enough for any of my cars. I based the size on a 15" rim with an R888 on it, and made the well of the skate about an inch or so wider. Preliminary sketches - I wanted one side lowered, to limit how high the car needs to be jacked up. I wanted 3" castors for the load rating, and easier rolling, but didn't want to have to get the wheel over 4" off the ground to get it on the skate. Drew a template on a piece of cardboard, and used that to line up the bits. Here's the first one tacked together and re-checked against the wheel. Make sure the wheels are going to give me enough ground clearance to get over little bumps and the odd stone. Had to make some adjustments to make sure the castors could swivel through 360* as well. 2nd one was easier. I just cut the lengths to the same sizes as the one I'd already made, made a slight design adjustment for the 2nd one, with the angled pieces at the ends of the low side - the first one didn't quite fit properly, or allow the castors to turn, so I had to weld in some extra bracing, and cut off a couple of sections to allow clearance. Cleaned the worst of the rust off, Painted in No1 Rust Beater, castors bolted on, ready for action. Will get a final coat of paint at some point In action... brakes on this car are part seized and it's a non runner, so the job of moving it was suddenly a lot easier. The car is 13' long and the barn is about 16', so it's a lot easier on the skates than doing a 13 point turn to get it out Happy with the results, and they didn't look like they're about to collapse at any time soon! There's a pallet truck under the back axle in this one, so the car is completely off the ground.