When do you need G60 Injectors?

Discussion in '8-valve' started by Tristan, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

I hear of tuned 8v GTIs with G60 injectors , are they necessary , and at what state of tune?

2. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

the standard Digi injectors are maxed out at 39hp each, so 156 bhp, altho people tend to change them before then.

I run some 311cc cossie yellow tops in my 2042 8v

3. George HH Forum Member

interesting, i have some G60 injectors kicking about - be interested to see whose used them before.

4. timo16v

timo16v Paid Member Paid Member

TSR brands hatch 2.0 8v,272 cam, pack c big valve head,TSR 4 branch, Blitzchip on digi management............i have fitted G60 greens which were professionally cleaned and tested as the standard digis would have been @ or very close to max duty cycle............feels stronger especially at high rpm where digis tend to lean off:thumbup:

5. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Cheers guys , I'm aiming for 135-140 bhp so should be safe .

6. Rustynuts Forum Member

Did you get a remap to match the G60 greens, if you did not you will be running too rich as the ECU only tells the injectors how long to open for and cannot differentiate between different cc injectors

7. timo16v

....no remap.......i just figured i was putting out close to standard g60 power so opted for the greens.........i am open to suggestions and recomendations.........plugs appear quite healthy though??

8. Rustynuts Forum Member

Still needs remapping to get the best out of . What you are finding is that the map will be running very rich low down the rev range and as your normal injectors would be leaning off for your setup, the G60's are starting to add closer to right amount of fuel to make it stoich.

I ran a 2.0l 16v on standard digi management, just to show it could be done. To be honect like this it was OK, with standard injectors it pulled well low down but the map could not get enough fuel in higher up the rev range. Changing to injectors to G60's meant it ran rich, lower down the revs it would be quite flat, but it went like a bastid higher up and the map leaning off meant I was getting closer to Stoich.

9. timo16v

....good stuff cheers

so a power run to check AFRs through rev range would be a good idea?

who can remap digis in the south?

10. Rustynuts Forum Member

Not sure where you are but I know Stealth Racing could do it. Yeah get it checked out I would.