when to change dizzy cap/rotor arm?

Discussion in '8-valve' started by bootboy, Oct 16, 2009.

1. bootboy Forum Member

Just a quick one, how often should I change the dizzy cap and rotor arm, and the plugs for that matter?
    I do an oil change every 5k, so wondered at what intervals I should change the other things!

2. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

Me personally I would look at changing plugs and leads yearly, depending on the quality and probably leave it a bit longer than that for the dizzy cap and rotor arm

3. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

I change mine yearly. hardly costs much etc i do do lots of miles too

4. Mike_H Forum Addict

I check them at every oil change, and change them when they look worn. Decent leads should last for a few years, plugs get changed about every year / 10k miles. Air filter makes a big difference to fuel economy, so I do it whenever it starts to look grubby - probably once a year - but clean out debris and shake loose dirt out at every oil change.

This should all be in the Haynes, and maybe the car's handbook, if you want a 2nd opinion.

5. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

I change the lot every 10k, it's only 50 quid worth from GSF doing cap, arm, leads, plugs and filters so it's worth it for me to have it all new every 10k (I won't do it yearly because I do 10k pretty quickly.)