Where to buy Vacuum Hose & connectors

Discussion in '16-valve' started by bootsie, Jun 9, 2014.

1. bootsie Paid Member Paid Member

I seem to have at least two leaks in my vacuum system - one on the pipe leading to the back of the inlet manifold, one around a T-piece with the small diameter clear vacuum hose. I'm trying to identify replacement parts, however, I can't find anything on the online parts catalogues which seems to look like my setup (it's a KR with 3rd-party A/C fitted)

[​IMG]

Where can I get these things?
    My alternative was to buy some silicone vacuum hose (like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221362533324) - 3mm to replace the braided stuff and 12mm I think for the thick hose to inlet manifold. I'm not sure how the thicker stuff will handle that 90[SUP]o[/SUP] bend though.
    I also notice that those T-pieces are designed for the thin clear vacuum hose to go inside, rather than over the top. Anyone know where I can buy these?

2. Ben_s Forum Member

3. bootsie Paid Member Paid Member

So you just got rid of the original small diameter (3mm OD) clear stuff and replaced it with 3mm hose? I can't see that hose (plastic pipe, really) splitting as it's pretty tough, but the T-pieces it plugs into are definitely shot.

4. Ben_s Forum Member

Yeah, all the thin, hard plastic lines were replaced with silicone using those plastic T pieces I linked to to join it all up. From the airbox area up to the ECU including the over run cut off etc. I think I bought 3 metres of hose and it was enough.

I didn't find any of the original plastic lines had split, but the joins with the braided hose over them had had their day. the rubber was old and not sealing properly so I just went for black silicone rather than trying to find good condition original hose/ pipes and connectors

5. bootsie Paid Member Paid Member

Right, I'll order a bunch of that 3mm silicone vacuum hose and some T-pieces then.
    Not sure what to do about that larger piece that goes to the inlet manifold - I guess I'll just measure up the inside diameter and hope that the silicone hose will bend through 90 degrees.

6. Ben_s Forum Member