Where to buy wheel spacers?

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by shiggins92, Jul 27, 2015.

1. shiggins92 Forum Member

I have made a mistake buying aluminium ones and they have just stripped due to the stress on track today so I had to swap one from the rear to get me buy as they are needed to clear the brakes.

So i need 2 spacers 4x100 25mm cb57.1, does anyone recommend anywhere to go and does anyone make them on here? Again not alloy!!

:thumbup:

2. vr6smith Forum Member

What was the brand you used that broke?

Most wheel spacers are aluminium to save weight. I use FK 10mm hub-centric aluminium wheel spacers, never had an issue on track.

3. shiggins92 Forum Member

Pretty good brand but I can't remember tbh but just to be sure I just don't want alloy again :/

So nobody knows?

4. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

What stripped ?
    You should have long bolts or studs with 25 mm spacers so spacer just fills the gap nothing to strip .

5. shiggins92 Forum Member

No still using the standard bolts and the aluminium spacers have stripped

6. vr6smith Forum Member

Do you have pics of what has stripped and where on the spacer.

If your running 25mm spacers you should have longer bolts??

7. shiggins92 Forum Member

I didn't take a picture but its the spacers that take 8 bolts, 4 into the axle and 4 into the spacer holding the wheel. It was the latter that stripped the threads in the spacer.

8. Sirguydo

Just get some long studs and nuts from JJC or eBay and put them through the spacer into the hub and put the wheel onto the four studs nothing to strip then :thumbup:

Long studs on my track car :thumbup:

image.jpg

9. shiggins92 Forum Member

10. Sirguydo

With long studs you're into the steel of the hub not into an aluminium spacer !
    You can buy studs and reuse the stripped spacers as there not taking any load the hub is :thumbup:

11. vr6smith Forum Member

Agree with mike, buy longer bolts or studs to go through the spacer.

Other option is buying spacers with steel inserts but that will be more expensive