Where to get an ABF from?

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Sporting Wood, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Sporting Wood Forum Member

I was going to get one off a scrap yard I trust and I still may but they currently don't have one. I've been offered a 150k engine for 100 and engines with sub 100k mileage on for 300'ish on ebay but the mileage for these isn't verifiable.

At the moment I'm tempted to just hang on and see what comes up, what would any of you guys do? Wait or just get one as engine mileage can be hard to prove.

I'm not buying a whole car as I've nowhere to put it, I only want an engine.

2. turbotommy Forum Member

Me!
    If you can wait that is?
    I have 3 in the offering,1 i drove to MOT this morning (108k but will use for a year) the other 2 are mk3 golf 1 being a low milage Anniv which i'll get v soon once clear ;)
    The other is high milage (170 ish) but drives so you could even have a go in it 1st! (unlike the anni)
    Will put in the for sale as soon as i get it.

3. Sporting Wood Forum Member

haha, I'm prepared travel but I'm down in Wiltshire, I think Newcastle is a bit to far otherwise I'd probably be tempted!

4. turbotommy Forum Member

Haha!
    No frett,2 of the engines are in Peterborough ;) so are 200 miles closer to you :lol:

5. Sporting Wood Forum Member

Could be tempting tommy PM me the details, price and when the earliest you think an engine will be in Petergorough. I'm not sure if I can trust these ebay guys, I'm tempted but currently not tempted enough!!

Where have other people got their engines from?

6. steve G Forum Member

a bought a seat corrdoba of ebay and broke it up,found some very nice bits on the car and only paid 500 for it still taxed and moted so could drive it and it had a full history

7. Sporting Wood Forum Member

I'd be tempted to do that but I've no where at all to break at car, oh well I may give it a few weeks then maybe just get one off ebay. Hmmm