which amp?

Discussion in 'ICE' started by scubasteve, Dec 21, 2003.

1. scubasteve New Member

I have a alpine 9815 head unit,6.5 inch alpine components in the doors , 6x9 alpines in the rear qtrs and a 15" celestion sub box. Can i power this lot with one amp or would it work out cheaper to use two, can anyone recommend a good amp or amps preferably alpine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    [:s]

2. mbh69 Forum Member

alpine mrvf307 for speakers

don't no specs of sub so can't say but one of alpines mono amps should be fine

3. Vduber Forum Member

hiya

i've just bought the sony hexiginal red amp from here Car Audio Dicscount
    I got it for 160 its nearly 300 anywhere else.

I think they do the whole range of alpine stuff so i think it will be just as cheap... You'll be better getting a mono amp to power the stuff and a 2 channel to power the front and back. Thats what i've been told to do anyway. you'll only need a smallish amp then (depending on spec of speakers) so u'll be looking at about 300 for 2 amps. BARGIN!!!!!!!

Anyway have a look around. If you need anymore cheap pales for audio stuff PM me cos i got a few under my belt.... All cheap in diffrent stuff.

Jack

4. mbh69 Forum Member

you will need a 4 channel amp not 2 channel as you will be running 4 speakers 2 front 2 rear and that makes 4

as for sony headunits yes (though sound quality lets them down) sony amps and speakers i would avoid gor for jap amps and speakers for quality and american for power if you need a site to buy off go for www.caraudiocentre.co.uk as these will be the cheapest about for anything they sell

personally i'd spend about 150 - 200 on a decent 4 chennel amp and as much as u can afford on the sub amp or alpine used to do a 5 channel amp but it depends how much power your sub needs as it wasn't anything spectacular power wise

but i'd stick to alpine they are excellent quality and have never disapointed me

Edited by: gbolton

5. Madbloke Forum Member

How about excluding the 6*9's and just getting a 2 channel amp for the fronts and a bridgeable 2 channel amp for the sub .... All sony gear seems cheap at the moment but i think its cost there flogging it as the gear isnt that fantastic --- esp the new red gear.

6*9 and comps up front will just give a confused sound.

Hope this helps

6. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

yeh i agree,

keep away from sony car audio gear, its toss, there is much better gear on the market for a simalr price,

tim

7. Vduber Forum Member

I've just bought 2 sony xplode subs and red hex amp. the rest of the car is alpine front components and alpine 6x9's with a jvc camilian headunit.

I agree the sont headunits are a waste of money... I've had them before the speaker are a pile as well. there large mono subs and hex subs seem to suit the system really well. Why is the hex stuff so crap?????????

Vduber

8. birchie90 Forum Member

Simple buy a Kicker 4 channel amp that can also run as a three channel by bridging 2 of the channels. I have one and it is the absolute nuts - loud as you like. Run the fronts off 2 of the channels and the sub off the bridged channel.

Ignore what they quote as power output, how many watts they are because mine is only supposed to be 40w per channel. As for the 6x9's just run them off the head unit as you only really want them as rear fills anyway otherwise the sound stage will be all messed up...