Which exhaust for 2.0 145bhp 8V...

Discussion in '8-valve' started by wfarrell, Aug 13, 2010.

1. wfarrell Forum Member

hi guys,

wondered if i could get some advice on recommended exhaust for a 2.0 8v engine that produces curca 145bhp.

thinking perhaps i should get the Supersprint 16V exhaust system -- due to the power output and higher than normal 8V gas flow rate etc ??

What do people think - has anyone done this before ?

2. jamesa Forum Junkie

I had a Supersprint on my Mk1 when it was an 1800 8v producing that power (143bhp / 117lbft) ... used a TSR 4 into 1 manifold.

I doubt you`ll need the 16v`s 2.5" system.

Excellent quality product :thumbup:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  3. Mike_H Forum Addict

A 2" system will be fine for that power level. A bigger system will probably cost you some low end driveability.

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

How the engine produces that sort of power will dictate which exhaust should be used.
    i.e is the engine a screamer (low torque high rpm) or a thumper (huge torque low rpm).
    Assuming the "145bhp" number actually translates to a potent flexable engine, a 2"system would surfice backed up by a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold. I would expect an 8v engine with this potential to rev cleanly to near and about 6500rpm.

5. wfarrell Forum Member

cheers guys, really appreciate the considered advice - given the engine is being specced (268 Schrick cam) to be a mid-range torque monster i'll go for the 2" system to retain good driveability

thx, Will