Which exhaust manifold

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by abf"d mk1, Aug 24, 2016.

1. abf"d mk1 Paid Member Paid Member

OK I have an ajh engine, similar to agu I believe. now I planned to put a k03s on this, but for reasons even I cannot explain I have bought a k04. Think I will need a different exhaust manifold, bearing in mind its to go in a road going mk1, which one, thank you.

2. W1M

W1m Forum Member

If you have a K04-001 you can keep your K03 manifold.

3. abf"d mk1 Paid Member Paid Member

I think it says k04 20, and while the 3 bolt flange looks like it may bolt up, parts are touching the block and pointing the wrong way.

4. If it's the k04 from the tt, you'll need a different manifold k03 is no good. The manifold to turbo flange is bigger. Prob don't need to tell you this, but stay away from cheap eBay manifolds. I learned the hard way.

Cheers John

5. abf"d mk1 Paid Member Paid Member

Well I have bought an ebay manifold, not particularly cheap, and I'm not sure it will fit the turbo or the available space, time will tell. Hopefully its one I can sell on if its no good to me.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  6. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Got a picture of which one?

7. abf"d mk1 Paid Member Paid Member

THIS ONE, and it does fit the turbo
    [​IMG]

8. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

That's a cracking manifold early K04 should fit it or go for the K03S

Looking again that is the k04 manifold, maybe you have the early K04 turbo which will need a k03s manifold

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  9. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Same one on my S3. It is also ported to suit a hybrid. Very reliable after 10000 miles!