Which Haynes manual??

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Zonda_, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Zonda_ Forum Member

To show me details of the 9a engine. I've got one from a Corrado but some bits are missing/damaged and Haynes dont do a manual for the Corrado. I'm told one of the Passat manuals covers the 2.0l 16v engine but which one?

2. damogti Forum Junkie

Would be a late one i would think. Passat 1992 on maybe..........??? [:s]

3. Zonda_ Forum Member

4. damogti Forum Junkie

Could be, it covers the later models.

Best thing to do is go down to halfrauds and have a read of one before you buy and make sure it has the info you need in it.

5. Zonda_ Forum Member

Aaarrggh! My dad has just phoned, that's not the right one cos it doesn't cover that engine!

Does anyone know which is the right one cos they dont say 2.0 16 valve on the covers and they are sealed!

6. 45rugdub Forum Member

Is the mk2 golf 16v pretty much the same engine, so would a mk2 Golf Haynes do the trick? If not there is a book which covers all the front wheel drive VW up to about 94, its not that good but it does cover the corrado. I can't remember the name of it but Halfords sell it and it loads cheaper then a Haynes and has four pics on the front of a golf, corrado and two others.

7. Zonda_ Forum Member

Still no luck [:^(]

8. paul_c Forum Member

I know its 2 years since you asked, but I was searching through to find the same info - which Haynes manual for the 9A engine? Its true, the Passat manual doesn't cover the 16V model, Haynes don't do a Corrado manual (well I couldn't find one..) and then I remembered I had a PDF of the Golf mk2 manual, which covers the 1.8 16V (KR). So if you're still stuck, PM me your email address and I can send it to you.