WHICH THE MOST RELIABLE VR6 PLUG WIRE?

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by faigolfgti, Oct 9, 2004.

1. faigolfgti Forum Member

I have change two sets of beru plug wire to my mk3 vr6,the first set last about 2 weeks one of the wire start leaking so i manage to findout and chage it than the second set of beru last about 8 months now giving problem one of the plug wire leaking spark again,now is difficult for me to check because my vr6 already fitted with schrick vsr manifold block the view,so now i plan to change another set of plug wire please advise which brand to go for.Thank You.

2. Atlas 12v Forum Member

Genuine ones.

3. KeithMac Forum Junkie

My genuine plug leads on the mk2 are beru`s.

4. Jeff Forum Junkie

they wont necessarily be the same make as the mk2 - eg I believe the VW standard plug for a vr6 is NGK not bosch, and they dont like anything other than the NGK ones! So it might be that genuine VR6 leads are made by someone else...

5. cliveyp Forum Member

Geniune VR6 leads are Beru which are far and away the best things to use, so i'm told. The standard VW plugs are Bosch FR8LDC's i believe. Mine has those in (i put them in recently but they replaced an exact same set), and has full VW history so i can only assume that's what they use there too! [:D]