Which tyres?!

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by Golfmaddubgirl, May 1, 2012.

1. Hello peeps!! I have a 99 golf gti Turbo (1.8) and am looking to replace all four tyres soon!! Luckily I have a friend who can get me a good deal on a set of 4!! Trouble is I am stuck as to which to get!! I have narrowed it down to either Avon, Bridgestone or Firestone!! Any advice please?! I do approx 8000 miles per year but am known to be a speedy driver :-)!! Any advice appreciated!! Thanks!!

2. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

I had Avons on the front of my Mk4 for 2 years (michelin on the back) and they were great :thumbup:

Ive currently got Goodyears on the front now, and i'd say they feel much grippier compared to the Avons.

Both great tyres though - in the wet & dry.

3. corradophil Forum Member

I had Avon ZZ3's on the front of my Corrado, they were very refined, however they made the steering feel really vague. I put them on the back and they were ok.

Out of the three you mention, I'd probably go for Bridgestone.

4. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

I've got Avons on the back of my mk2, they were on the front but were relpaced by Uniroyal Rainsport which feel much grippier in the wet & dry.