Who is this

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mikedub, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Guest

tea please with two rich teas on the side [:D]

2. thebluebus Forum Junkie

tea [xx(] coffee [xx(]

3. stew72 Forum Member

Thats only cause no one knows what you look like ;)

As for jettas/octane, he dishes it out often enough so I guess it goes with the territory. Vectras are rubbish, fitting a big engine and wide wheels isn't going to disguise the fact. (Says the man who's 3 cars probably cost less than his wheels :lol: )

4. superden Forum Addict

If its ok for someone to say that about his car, then its ok for Octane to say he thinks Mikes car looks sh*t. Lets be honest, Mikes car is one of those cars you will either love or hate, as are most overtly modded cars. In fact, lets play devils advocate for a moment and compare Mikes car to that much ridiculed Mk2 with the `X` on the bonnet that graced the forum recently, from the perspective of the casual browser.

Both have undesirable paint jobs ? Check.

Both have numerous bits of tat stuck on ? Check.

Both have unpleasant body mods ? Check.

Both have chav value ? Check.

Both stick out like a sore thumb ? Check.

Now, before anyone starts ranting at me, I`m not saying thats what I think of Mikes car. I`m saying that from the perspective of the outsider/casual browser, both cars (nay, any modded car) could quite easily be judged as sh*te. People slate Octanes Vectra, yet in reality its subtle and certainly no worse than some cars on this forum.

I agree, he gives as good as he gets and often starts the argument in the first place. But the glaring point is the crass hypocrisy of those who moan at him for daring to say he thinks a `members` car is crap (how appropriate this comment was is a seperate issue) whilst simultaneously and continuously blathering on about how sh*t his Vectra is. I`ll be honest enough to say that I would probably rather have the Vectra. Its likely as not a damn sight quicker, more comfortable and it doesnt stick out like a sore thumb. Thats not to say I dont appreciate the effort that went into Mikes car, just that its not to my taste.

5. b'locks Forum Addict

Blatantly, Den also has ginger coloured hair.

6. Admin Guest

wow miss marple how did you get to that conclusion from that post?

:lol:

7. superden Forum Addict

Because I wont join the `clique` and sl*g off Octane perhaps ?

Or maybe it was subtle humour ?

:lol:
    Edited by: superden

8. mikedub Forum Junkie

Before i post just know i am not getting into a long drawn out argument with you dennis [:|]

fair enough den that was a childish comment [:$] , forgive me but he winds me up with his constant drivle :) and if you read what i actually put then it isnt a direct threat at all :thumbup:

(i understand these may not be dennis's views)

i'll just reiterate this

Edited by: mikedub

9. stew72 Forum Member

;)

10. superden Forum Addict

I understand your point completely Mike. You know, as does anyone on this forum, that I am not the biggest BBS/oak green etc fan. Your response does demonstrate my point however. Its all about personal choice, the act of modding cars and the style you choose is a very individual thing. So for someone to say his comments about your car werent on, whilst half the forum continually sl*g his Vectra off is nothing more than bullying, perpetuated for no reason other than people have personal issues with him. People simply cannot abuse him for stating his opinion with regard to your car, unless they are willing to say the same to anyone who makes derogatory comments about his Vectra. The issue of how appropriate his comments were, given the context, is an entirely seperate issue.

11. superden Forum Addict

So you think a Vectra is worse than a modded Golf. Plenty of people dont, thats for sure.

See my comments above. Its about personal taste Stew, not personal issues.

:thumbd:
    Edited by: superden

12. mikedub Forum Junkie

you know full well that he ask's for it and deserves all the slating he gets because of his attitude.

thats bollox, this is a vw forum, had you forgotten ?
    if i went on a saxo forum and started sl*gging a members car off (who had been around for a few years) i would expect to get sl*ged off myself, in jettas case this is exactly what he wants [:s] , why he wants this is beyond me, maybe it's because he never intends on actually meeting any of the people in the community throughout the years shows etc ....

(look at this reply, your rubbing off on me den :lol: )
    Edited by: mikedub

13. b'locks Forum Addict

Elementry, my dear Jonathon. ;)

14. stew72 Forum Member

I found it ammusing that you would accuse people of hypocrisy who are responding to someone who is being hypocrital in their eyes.......

and yes, slightly worse. :lol:

15. thebluebus Forum Junkie

you know what this thread needs....

[​IMG]

Jettas Jugs..a blast from the past! :p

16. b'locks Forum Addict

BTW Den, why can't you see Jettas for what he really is?

He deliberately posts provocatively and revels in the attention he gets for it. He's even pm'ed me before telling me how he loves winding us all up deliberately, and there you are trying to stick up for him as if he's all innocent and somehow being 'picked on'. It's what he wants mate, he likes to feel 'bullied' all nice and safe from behind his computer screen and he must be p**sing himself laughing at you right now. :)

17. Bear Forum Member

Ok, after 5 pages, did we even find out who owns the car?

:lol:[:s]

18. mikedub Forum Junkie

thats because it's me who jettas is trying to wind up :)

and no bear, no one knows whos'e it is :lol:

19. ricey Forum Member

in all fairness den nobody started sl*ggin off vectras untill jettas piped up.yes people who dont own a vw have every right to be here, but sl*gging off a long standing members car (whos modest and friendly) will get stick! especially owning a car that most members willtend to find rather undesirable. hes asking to be ripped.

I understand what you mean den and the threats are childish, but i dont see why your sticking up for him.

20. Swayde Forum Member

could octane/jettas and superden be the same person? seperated at birth? maybe den is his father?[:s]

although to be fair, den comes accross as intelligent in his arguments, while 'octane' is just a numpty :thumbup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.