Why do people feel the need!?!

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by Jackson_mk3cc, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Jackson_mk3cc Forum Member

Tonight our whole road has been attacked by football "fans" on the way to the Bristol Rovers vs Bristol City match. [:x]

We were called outside by one of our housemates to find my friend's golf's rear window completely smashed due to a brick from our broken wall being thrown through it, another of my housemate's Ibiza with a nice big dent and crack in the paintwork on the drivers door with an accompanying muddy footprint and a total of 6 other cars with badly cracked windscreens, as well as the polo over the road having its drivers side wing mirror kicked off. And all this was BEFORE the match had even kicked off!! [8(]

Luckily (and I say this rather selfishly but I think everybody would!) the GTi was on our driveway and has thankfully been untouched :o I count myself very VERY lucky though as the bricks used were picked up from right beside my car! And its pure chance who gets the driveway, I was just lucky enough to get back when everybody else with cars was out.

Can't help but wonder what is the point in this midless vandalism. I cant see what this has achieved except for a nuisance to everybody affected. Now all night the police helecopter has been hovering above and riot vans can be seen drving up and down the main road we live off. The police were called, but to be fair I feel they may have had more pressing issues tonight, will be interesting to see if anything is done tomorrow now though...

Anyway, rant over, just makes you wonder about our society today and makes you wish people could have more respect for others and for what is not theirs!!!

2. golf_1.9 Forum Member

thats awful mate,sorry to hear about it,hope the police catch them but as you said they are probably more interested in stopping hte after match violence.i do alot of sia work at football matches and gigs,it makes you wonder what peoples mentality and morals are, some of the things you see done to property and other people for that matter are outrageous

3. newkid

newkid Forum Member

Its gutting to hear that there is so many w***ers in this world. Hope you didnt have anything/too much damaged mate.
    Makes you wonder what the world is coming to when the best thing people have to do is ruin other peoples stuff for fun. I went out to my golf the other morning and some kind person had emptied a can of expandable foam down my exhaust. Pointless really but just goes to show they have nothing better to do with their time.
    If all that damage you say about was done before the match what has happened on the back streets where the police weren't looking after the match?
    Football seems to be the leading sport in mindless vandalism and sometimes seems like you need a degree in it to become a supporter of your favourite club. Other sports like rugby seem to have the violence took out of them by the players on the pitch and the spectators all gather amicably.
    Theres always youths (chavs) walking around our village looking to turn bins over or key cars etc.
    Just annoying when you find its happened to yourself and it has to come out your own pocket instead of the little toerag that did it.

4. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Oh no! Went to the game last night (chuffed with the result!) sorry to hear about the idiots doing that tho....im sure they were all city fans:lol:

5. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

Holigan Football fans! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Loath the ba5tards!

6. The db

The db Forum Junkie

How annoying.

You could of supported their team for all they knew. Just using football as an excuse to go and smash stuff up tbh. C*nts.

7. Jackson_mk3cc Forum Member

Was there actually any trouble in the stadium or when the time came for everyone to leave? I know when we had phoned the police they were all around memorial stadium to keep the trouble at a minimum, and heard on the news there had been quite a few arrests...wouldn't have liked to be living in those houses right next to the ground! And as for it being city fans...lol who knows what it was, thought all city fans had to get buses from Ashton Gate straight to the stadium to stop this type of thing!? Although you don't know how many people were around with no tickets just there to cause trouble, or even to just use football as an excuse as The db said..!

Luckily nothing more seems to have been damaged this morning, so at least around here none of the trouble returned. Someone was saying to me that in times like this with such a large amount of damage caused on one street special insurance 'rules' will come into effect, or there will be one large payout or something like that, can't really remember, any truth at all in that?

8. dubst16v Forum Member

surely responsability could fall to the football clubs???
    i mean its therefault the people are there!!!!

9. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

I know how you feel I live right next to the millenium stadium in cardiff, I cant even have my mk1 convertable down here, and my window has been smashed on my golf twice in the last few months. Theres alot of stuff that goes on in the stadium and its only when the footys on stuff gets smashed.
    Dont get me wrong im a massive football suporter but why some people link football with mindless vandilism I will never know!

10. chris9n

chris9n Forum Member

scum bags

11. Seraph Banned

same old same football fan mentality...

though i dont think its endemic to a particular sport or interest

i think its probably a more likely to be based on conforming, peer pressure and group membership

12. fthaimike Forum Addict

That's football for you.......totally shyte girls game.

13. Daz... Forum Member

Bunch of t*ssers tbh

14. B16 EDF

B16 EDF Forum Member

You are not the only one to feel the brunt of it. Just remember they dont do vw's in chave burberry so they seem to have a chip on their shoulder.

This causes a reation in there head and its a "i wish i had one" reaction and because their chavey clothes cost them more than the mortgage on a small house they feel the need to be vandals.

Whats the solution you ask?

Vote British National Party you say!

No Round up all the chavs, pikies and general scum and export them to Iraq or Iran and then blow the feckers up.[:x]

15. B16 EDF

B16 EDF Forum Member

Well said rugby is by far a better game.

Phil vickery said on the radio today about the big fight at what ever football final it was, he said "there was no fight, there was arms flying everywhere and a few messed up hair do's but nothing else". Well said mr Vickery :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: