Wideband exhaust location

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by G60KG, Nov 15, 2011.

1. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

I just read up and the MTX has two analogue outputs and one digital so I dont think its lacking in that sense. I guess what Im trying to establish is if there is any technical reason not to go for the MTX.

2. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

Eddie is there any advantage/disadvantage having the external controller as in the LC-1?

3. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Can't see you needing anything extra on your build. LC1 will do.
    The only annoying thing is needing to calibrate. The way I've wired it, is how OE wiring is done (via FPR) so it is only on initially for 2 secs when ignition is on. I have to fit a switch that will keep FPR on so it can be calibrated easier. Rather than keep messing with the wiring everytime I want to calibrate it.

4. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

Well if theres no reason not to go for the MTX then that is the one Ill get as I prefer the look of it and its a little cheaper which is ok with me too. Now they do two types, one with 8ft of sensor wire and the other with only 3ft, am I better off going for the longer cable?

5. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

Depends on where you want to route it I guess.

If it were me, I would go for the long cable as mine is routed from up near the driver-side A-pillar / top of dashboard, through one of the ready-made holes in bodywork into engine bay, then goes in between exhaust tunnel & exhaust tunnel shield.

Short would be if you mount the gauge low down in centre console then route cable thro gearshift area

6. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

I have bought the 8ft version figured its better routing the wire behind the dash.

7. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

Well I have received the gauge today, very fast delivery from ebay seller and 154 all in. Read the quick start up guide and all seems pretty straight forward. Gauge also has two 4pin plugs one marked 'in' and the other 'out' these must be digital puts. Also in the pack was a LM-2 cable used to connect the lambda to gauge so all this is wideband business is making a little more sense now.

8. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

9. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

10. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

I am planning on switching over to MS within the next few weeks in the run up to Inters. I have pretty much everything. I am thinking of buying a jetex straight through pipe to replace the mid section as it will give me a little more clearance to mount the lambda bung to. Would replacing the mid section with this pipe have any nagative affects apart from a little extra noise?

Edit: Also this is a 2" pipe. Would there be any advantage of getting a 2.5" and if so how would I adapt it to fit my otherwise standard system.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  11. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

can anyone help on this please as I want to try and get this up and running before Inters.