Will 9a run on k-jet with 288-s cams?

Discussion in '16-valve' started by sambo, May 7, 2006.

1. jamesa Forum Junkie

My 9A runs Newman 290`s - solid lifters - kjet - won`t idle at all until warm then ticks over OK at 1100 / 1200 - pulls very easily up to self imposed limit of 5k for running in - ISV and overrun cut off not connected.

Car is a Mk1 GTI for sprinting / hillclimbing with low ratio Gemini gearset.

2. NormanCoal Forum Member

I have done, think back to the MK2 16v 'diesel'. Was an 1800 on Kent 296's, came on cam at something stoopid like 5-6K and revved like a fukka. Had the ECU rev limit crystal changed and never did find the ceiling. I know that I saw 8200 on the odd occasion[:$]

A decent amount of power, but in a very narrow band. Vince couldnt get enough fuel in from K-jet, but it wasnt so bad. The worst bit was the intercam verniers, Kent made ones were a PoS!

Recommend not to fit them, unless you want a headache [xx(]

3. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

I am going with bike throttle bodies but couldnt be arsed with changing cams all the time(lazy)

Thats why i wondered if they would run att all because k-jet is not staying for long!

Looks like i'l have to stick with my 264-s for now

Cheers for input boys:)