Will G60 single mass flywheel fit mk4 GTI 2L 8v?

Discussion in '8-valve' started by Alburglar, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Alburglar Forum Member

Everything I have googled about 8valves has been covered in here (so well done Clubgti for that!), apart from this:
    Will a G60 flywheel with vr6 clutch and bearing fit a mk4 golf GTI 2 litre 8 valve (AQY)?

I sincerely hope so, because either My Dual Mass Flywheel sucks **** and/or the clutch is on its way out and there is no way I can face putting another DMF back in it, when lightened balanced g60/vr6 combo's are so readily available.

I've read that in some applications, (1.8t?) the bell housing needs some light grinding as the vr6 clutch plate touches in a couple of spots? I'm assuming that is a distinct possibility for my setup, but I have no clue about what engine uses what gearbox?

Any help much appreciated.

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

G60/ABF MK3 Flywheel and clutch set up should fit in a 02J application.

Why do you think the DMF is at fault though?

3. Alburglar Forum Member

That's good news.

Not sure about anything flywheel/clutch wise until it's pulled apart, because common symptoms for both seem to be inseparable. But my symptoms are:
    very high clutch pedal. Loaded up on a hill it behaves like clutch is slipping, ie go to pull away and revs fly up, but car hardly moves, then if you lower the revs Abd start again slowly, then you can pull away, but clutch never seems to snatch/ jolt the car on the way back down the revs, like a slipping clutch does when it finally catches grip. It drives normally, fine, but try and lay any power down and it revs but doesn't go anywhere, but there is no jolt when you expect the clutch to catch and it starts to pull away. There is no associated clutch smell either.

Either way if its flywheel a clutch is a good idea and if it needs a clutch a lightened flywheel is a good idea.

4. Alburglar Forum Member