window winder

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by PAUL GTI, Feb 14, 2012.

1. PAUL GTI

PAUL GTI Forum Member

has anyone fitted one from gsf before is there anything i need of the old one as i am finding hard to put in for some reason please help, [:^(]

it's the driver's side.

2. Matt48 Forum Member

I fiited one from vw a few years ago. Just had to reuse the two bolts insde the door that holds it in place. It must be the same.

3. Matt48 Forum Member

I also put a piece of wood in to hold the window up and taped it up too.

4. PAUL GTI

PAUL GTI Forum Member

i will up load a pic mate of what it looks like

5. PAUL GTI

PAUL GTI Forum Member

6. PAUL GTI

PAUL GTI Forum Member

my old one was just spinning

7. Matt48 Forum Member

when mine finally comes back from the garage I'll have a look at mine again, it was done in 10 minutes.

do the old and new look the same?

8. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

I'm wondering if you have the wrong one?

Pre and post 1987 regulators are different due to the quarterlight windows.

I might be wrong but its worth looking into

9. PAUL GTI

PAUL GTI Forum Member

they do look the same matt to be fair mate yes, and thanks mate will help me alot mate if you can have a look.

gaz thats what i was thing to be fair i might give gsf a ring tomorrow, and see if i email them a pic if poss to see if they may beale to help.

10. Matt48 Forum Member

check 3 dr 5dr and old mk2 with quarter light and later model F-J without quarter light. Someone correct me on dates.

11. PAUL GTI

PAUL GTI Forum Member

just checked on gsf and the part number is right on the paper work to the part number on the site, but i cant give them a part number of the new winder as its not got one on it. errrrr

12. PAUL GTI

PAUL GTI Forum Member

sorted it lol sent me the wrong one. sent me manual, and i need manual (hand operated).