Windows passwords

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by stella, Jan 13, 2012.

1. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Just as I was about to post a desperate plea for help, my sister found the book with the Windows password in, but now I'm interested to find out if the problem was get-roundable.

Bought a PC with Win7 (academic) licence but no disk, for my nephew and niece for Christmas about last October. Before taking it over to Warwickshire, I set it up with an account for both the children and for my sister an account as administrator, so she could control their internet access.

By Christmas, I remembered the children's passwords, but not hers, and by then she'd lost the book. So could not get in as administrator to put Office/Elements etc on.

Not having the Windows disk, is there any way of getting around her losing her password (other than paying 80 for Windows again)?

2. Admin Guest

Very easily! There's a very well known boot cd available on the interwebz that has a nice little utility that strips out the passwords for any windows account ;)

3. mashed Forum Member

MS Dart formerly known as ERD You need the new version for Windows 7.... You can probably get a torrent with it. Unless you have a Microsoft Partner Account. Earlier versions will not attach to a Windows 7 Installation.

Thanks
    Brad