Winter Photoshoot?

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by Bambi, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Bambi New Member

Good evening guys and girls,

Bare with me here, its late and ive had a very long weekend,but here it goes, a couple of us over on another forum were talking about how the vag/dub scene gets abit sparse in the winter, and im looking into organising abit of a meet/photoshoot around xmas, i want to get everyone together, be it Club Gti, Club Gtini, rule6, beetles owners club, rms or any other driver who wants to attend.

I have a photographer organised and the plan at the min (which is not set it stone), is to hold this meet/photoshoot at Mount Stewart, which is a national trust property on the portaferry road heading towards greyabbey from newtownards for those of you who are not aware. I have still to draw up a proposal and meet with the property manager but i think were in with a fair chance at getting use of the front of the royal estate home for the photo's.

Advertisng plays a big part in whether this can go ahead or not , im hoping to get the local police involed with this in both the aspect of their drive safe campaign and also driving is not parading idea that not all car enthusists are boy racers we are good drivers that like to take care, restore or modify our cars. Also the local papers, so i can plug the property though this event and give them abit of advertising, maybe get a new generation into the property abit of the younger crowd. And maybe just pass round a voluntary dontion bucket at the event to show our appriciation.

As some of you will know the mount stewart propery is preserved for generations so the only thing i would ask is that everyone keeps the noise to a minuim and just comes in and parks up, there would be no arseing about at this event and anyone who attemps it will be swiftly removed. However the plan would seem to be abit of a pub lunch and drinks after, and you can do whatever you want there lol.

To conclude, the main focus of this event is to get everyone together like one big happy family from every point of the vag/dub scene for abit of festive cheer, some photos and abit of craic, if you intrested in attending this event or can contribute in any way please drop me a pm with your full name and contact details or contrabution.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Fi

2. Bambi New Member

noone intrested in this? im just gauging numbers here to see who all would be intrested, i was hoping club gti would attend get everyone involved.

3. Robbie

Robbie Forum Member

..think its because nobody knows where the f**k it is!

4. Phil. Forum Junkie

Hello mate,

Definately be interested in this as I said.

I see you've it posted on one of the regional forums here (GTINI), and VR6Dub has started a thread on the other regional forum (clubgti.net). Would be good to get as many of the local watercooled and aircooled people together as possible.

Plenty of time to get the word around so we should have good numbers for this.

Can't see many of the guys from here making the trip accross the water for a photoshoot but all are welcome I'm sure.

Cheers
    Phil.

5. mk1GiT New Member

6. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

cant see many making trip from england to scotland

7. Phil. Forum Junkie

It's in Northern Ireland btw :p

8. Bambi New Member

thanks phil and thank you mk1 for helping robbie out there lol, do i already have you down from another site phil?

9. Bambi New Member