wiring boot solenoid to clifford c600

Discussion in 'Security' started by bigfatpixey, Dec 4, 2005.

1. bigfatpixey Forum Member

i'm trying to wire up a relay to the auxillary a channel of my clifford concept 600. can somebody explain how i should do this, i can think of two ways:

1. connect aux A to relay, earth other side to complete relay circuit and activate.

2. connect aux A to relay, connect other side of relay to +12v to complete circuit and activate relay

i guess what i'm trying to ask is if the alarm is supplying a current or earthing a current to complete the circut??? [:$]

2. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

the accessory output is a negative so you need to swap it round via the relay to positive or alternatively make a negative boost relay this is very important as if you do not use a rely you WILL blow the driver chip which in turn will blow your alarm

to do positive switching wire the relay as follows

pins 86 and 87 connect to 12v+

pin 85 is the pin you connect the white/blue acc from the alarm

pin 30 is the output from the relay to the boot solenoid

for negative boost wire up in exactly the same way but only connect pin 86 to 12v= and connect 87 to earth

hope this helps you out
    Edited by: TROUBLESTARTER

3. bigfatpixey Forum Member

yeah that sorta makes sense, just trying to get my head around it.

so if i connect 85 to the alarm and 86 to +12v then 87 to +12 and 30 to the solenoid, the alarm will activate the relay for however long its programmed for.

thanks muchly :clap:

4. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

yes indeed, it will be default set for momentary activation which is what you need