working on a roush ford gt at my garage!

Discussion in 'Photography - general' started by Dan W, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Admin Guest

I missed off the important part of that comment sorry Dex.

The car above modified by Roush is a Ford GT.
    Not a GT40 as per thread title.
    The car is slightly nicer than a Ford GT yes.

However, its not a patch on, about 1000x less cool than a totally standard GT40.

2. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

I think we've spent way too long talking about bloody fords on a vw forum!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  3. Admin Guest

That ford (yes even the roush one) is about 3 billion times better looking, better engineered and better to drive than anything VW have ever made...

4. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Stop it Dave - you're trolling! VWs are well engineered and you knowz it. I haven't seen a DSG box on the Ford GT, though there is one on a Golf GTI, just as there is on a VAG-Group Bugatti Veyron.

Thread title is now correct!

5. N/B

N/B Forum Member

You owe me a cinema display, a keyboard and a fresh Cappuccino.

6. Admin Guest

Really, why?

They make some best guns in the world, and some of the best engineering to go alongside those guns.

and I've seen a Shelby chassis from start to finish, the quality isnt something 99% of British manufacturers could even hope to replicate.

7. lufbramatt Forum Member

american car modding shows: overhaulin', chop, cut, rebuild (which is really good) biker build off, etc

british car modding shows: chop shop, pimp my ride UK

says it all :lol:

8. N/B

N/B Forum Member

Matt, the difference between 'modding' and 'engineering' says it all.
    The cars you see on those shows aren't properly developed, they're tarted up wholesale with near zero testing and guidance. Kinda like most modified cars out there, tbh.

Americans have a wonderful enthusiasm for home-grown engineering, and I can see why they are proud to still manufacture a massive amount of their own products and tooling in the US, but it doesn't mean that they're better than anyone else at it.
    The most efficient, powerful engines still come from Europe, as do the most finely balanced driver's cars since time immemorial.
    From making Bicycles to Refrigerators, the Yanks wouldn't know a delicate touch if it gently tapped them on the shoulder. There's just no subtlety there.

I prefer a scalpel to a sledgehammer, any day.

Apple are the notable exception here, but tbh I'd wager that the vast majority of their engineers aren't American.

9. lufbramatt Forum Member

i was being sarcastic re: the tv shows ;) that was the point i was making in responce to the comments above . . .

i appreciate we have companies like prodrive, lotus and maclaren that are some of the best in the world at what they do . . .

o and Jonathan Ive who designed the I-mac etc is british :)

but look at the number of recalls on macbooks and ipods they've had to do recently- their stuff looks nice but isnt engineered that well!

10. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

Are you including the Veyron in that?;)

11. Admin Guest

VAG had as much to do with building they Veyron as Dr Kellog had to do with making my cereal.

VAG might have supplied the money as they own Bugatti, but Bugatti made the car.

Otherwise it'd be called a Volkswagen Veyron, or an Audi Veyron.

12. N/B

N/B Forum Member

More likely to be called a Porsche Veyron, tbh.
    It was Piech's dream, but VW's Wolfgang Schreiber & Hartmut Warkuss had massive input.
    The whole PVAG group is so intertwined, the Veyron is technically something of a cross-breed.

13. lufbramatt Forum Member

given that Bugatti actually went out of business in 1995 and VW basically just bought a name in 1998, I'd say it was pretty much all VAG group input tbh