wots it worth???

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by oldman, Sep 24, 2008.

1. oldman New Member

Hi all,

Haven't been on here for a while, been stoopidly busy.. lifes a *****!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway I have a question, I have for possible purchase a 1998 1.8 manual carbed MK2 convertible (mk 3 shape .... you know what i mean) with 48k on the clock karman ghia spec 15inch alloys one missing the centre cap, in burgundy colour with a few small scratches on the arches where it has been caught, i need to know what its worth it's got full service history dont know how many owners from new, not that many i think.

if anyone could help please cos i am seriously interested in the car and am goin to have another look this weekend

2. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

3. Nordoff Forum Junkie

3 kitkats and a biro.

4. oldman New Member

are they 4 finger kitkats and a bic biro or 2 finger kitkats?

wold have thought it would be worth more than the 1500, but thats cool for me if it aint:p :clap:

any others want to price it up??

5. kerrly Forum Member

surely its easy enough to look on Autotrader and Parkers to get an idea of what different cabriolets are worth these days. A 1.8 isnt a Carb engine, its a injection unit - Single point with 90hp iirc. There are plenty of 1.8 cabs for under 1500 but with 50k on the clocks as long as it has service history and is in a condition that reflects its millage then 1500-2000 would seem a fair figure.

If you are looking at ones around 1998 then you start to get a few Mk3.5 models available which have 1.6s (100hp) or 2.0 (115hp) engines in and these are identifiable as they look like a mk4 golf from the front but are actually still based on a mk3 and have electric roofs!

A 2.0L Avantgarde model is the prefered model as these are much better spec'd than the 1.8 and you can get a wide range of them from 1995-1998 ranging from 1000 for a WIP to 1500-2500 for a sub 100k well spec'd model in good condition.
    From 2500-3000 you start seeing 1999/2000 models with 50K and more mk3.5 models available.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008