Would a Window Reg. effect Central locking?

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by Lizard, May 24, 2010.

1. Lizard Forum Member

One of my mates mates is selling his rado and says the only problem is that the central locking does not work. Which is because the driver side window regulator is faulty... is this true? would that effect C/L?

In two minds on wheather to join the rado club [:s] only wants 1000 has had an abf conversion running the abf ecu. 11 months tax and test, new yoko pradas. Only thing is he has stripped everything though from the driver and passenger seat back... I do not really need another track car! opinions please...

2. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Windows and CL are tied together via the `comfort` module (ie, full closure), and they both run through the same fuse (on it`s own above the fusebox) but I can`t see a faulty reg affecting the CL.

Has he `proved` the reg is faulty?

What`s is likely is the module is faulty and is affecting power to that reg and CL.

I regularly have issues with my CL and passenger window, that can only be down to the module. (This is on my Mk3 but the setup is pretty much the same) :thumbup:

Has he proved the reg is faulty

3. Lizard Forum Member

hmmm sounds like they could be linked, no he hasn't iirc he said it was unplugged... going to be on top of my list when he brings it around tomorrow!

4. Lizard Forum Member

OK I asked him last night and he said the cable is broken.

I have decided to buy the rado driving my mk3 8v last night and it is so slow!!!

5. StuMc

Ok, broken cable on the reg is definately not going to affect the CL... :lol:

6. Lizard Forum Member

haha thats what I would have thought... unless he left it unplugged!! C/L cant be that hard to fix....(he says)

We have now arranged for the pick up to be on sat but he offered in the mean time to get a new win/reg fitted for 130 at one of our mates uncles garages..sounded a bit much tbh, feel like he is now trying to bump the price up sneakily!

7. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Sod paying 130 for that. Tell him to buy the part, (or you) and im sure someone on here will give you some pointers about fitting it :thumbup:

8. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Also try that ebay link i pm'd you the other day regarding the breaking Corrado, sure he'll have it :thumbup:

9. Lizard Forum Member

Spoke to the guy on that link you sent me and he has already sold the door as a complete.

just got one of the corrado forum.net 29 inc. postage so thats all sorted

10. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

Sexy

Its so good with an ABF in it! :)

11. Lizard Forum Member

going to be epic!!! I had an ibiza with an abf scared myself silly with it so many times! now have a mk2 golf abf love that too!!! abf ftw!

12. StuMc

ABF in a Corrado is pretty sweet!

I helped a workmate drop one in a couple of years ago. Thing goes like stink, and sounds evil too.

He`s subsequently moved to Oz, and sold the car to a girl who works at our place.

I`ll be getting my hands on it soon for some fettling...

...and the Corrado too... ;) :lol:

13. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

Putting the ABF in my Rado was the best thing I ever did. Its scary sometimes, but I love it and I love the sound it makes!