WUR Rebuild O Ring size Help ???

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by trackdaygtimk2, May 6, 2017.

1. trackdaygtimk2 Forum Member

Hello all

I am rebuilding the WUR on my MK2 16v as my fuel pressures are leading to a very lean engine.

So far from what i can tell is the o ring under the diaphragm inside the WUR is flattened from years of use causeing the fuel pressure to be incorrect.

I ordered a 15mm ID x 2mm circumference but that does not fit so have now ordered a 14.5 mm x 1.5mm to give that a go.

I know a rebuild kit can be ordered from the states but at 38 for a few o rings it seems a bit steep.

Does anyone know what the correct size of o ring should be for under the diaphragm ????

thanks

2. jamesa Forum Junkie

HPR and MUSHY 16V like this.
  3. trackdaygtimk2 Forum Member

4. jamesa Forum Junkie

That`s a shame as he rebuilt and modified mine a few years ago.

Try TSR, Retro Resus and Stealth Racing then ... given their history tuning KJet.

5. trackdaygtimk2 Forum Member

He was happy to refurb for me but i already have it apart and only need an o-ring, he was unable to supply me with the size required (it seems to be the worlds best kept secret)

6. dubztubz Forum Member

trackdaygtimk2 likes this.
  7. trackdaygtimk2 Forum Member

Nice find !

i have found the size now thanks, 14 x 2 , and after putting it all back together it turns out the WUR is not the issue so the search goes on.

I now think i have located the fuel pressure problem to the primary fuel pressure regulator in the metering head, the o ring was perished. You can no longer buy a rebuild kit for this regulator from VW or anywhere, ferrari parts does not stock them either.

If i can find all the correct sizes i may buy a bulk lot and offer them for sale so if anyone else needs to rebuild theirs they wont have to waste hours of their day searching the net !

8. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

trackdaygtimk2 and Sirguydo like this.
  9. trackdaygtimk2 Forum Member

How on earth did you find that , good work detective ! i have been searching for weeks ,thanks

10. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

ETKA and google FTW ;)