xbox 360 question

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by neil kaye, Sep 30, 2009.

1. neil kaye Forum Junkie

i bought my son one for his birthday (10 sept) by the 25th sept the brand new duracell batteries in the wireless joypad were dead,so i put some others in i had kicking about,one was new and the other had about 1.3v in it and there dead already

is this common? do the chew batteries this quick or is it a fault
    if they do use them as quick as this,appart from rechargables what other options do i have.its the 1st time hes had one so were unfamiliar with them

cheers

2. smp1987 Forum Member

they use them like they are going out of style
    The best thing to do is get a pay and charge kit they are about 15 don't go for the cheep ones get official Microsoft xbox 360 one so you can charge and play here is a link http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardw...60-Play-and-Charge-Kit/?s=play and charge kit

I also used rechargeable batteries for a while but the pay and charge kit is the way to go i still cant believe they don't come with the console

hope this helps

Sam

3. nealey Forum Junkie

As said, they demolish batteries, its so much easier to use the plug and play kit, last a lot longer and you dont spend time hunting around for batteries when they die mid game

4. neil kaye Forum Junkie

ill bear that one in mind thanks sam
    just read the review on it and its 50/50 seems like its a life saver but very breakable and id more than likely have to supervise him with it,hes 9 and hes very good with looking after stuff but all these reports are from adults who ud think would be very careful

is there just a normal wired joypad u can get ,i dont think hes that botherd about wireless hes used to it having a cable from the normal xbox and ps2

5. nealey Forum Junkie

You can get an xbox wired controller but if they are more expensive than the plug and play kit you may as well just get that and use it on the wire

6. neil kaye Forum Junkie

how much more? and when you say plug and play kit are you reffering to the kit in the link in post 1
    id rather pay say a tenner more knowing it would last alot longer,some of the guys were saying they didnt last very long in those reviews

7. smp1987 Forum Member

weird controller is 20 last time i looked i have had 7 xbox 360's had i have never had a pay and charge kit brake on me or the battery die so they must be doing something wrong but i think if your son is 9 then the wired controller is not a bad idea as it wont go missing and he is used to it

8. neil kaye Forum Junkie

yea i think im going to get a wired one for deffo,been on the bay but theres only the ones from hong kong,not sure i wanna get one from there,the feedback was bad,will have to look somewhere else
    thankyou both for your help so far

9. neil kaye Forum Junkie

just looked at this in argos

Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit.

Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit.
    567/9656

same as other one but all good reviews ,,do argos give any bad reviews or do they just put all the good ones on to boost there sales

im really sat on the fence with this at the mo

10. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

another score for ps3.................

11. smp1987 Forum Member

Just go to game.co.uk free divervey play and charge or controller both a good chose so it is up to you they are Microsoft products they wont brake on you

Thanks for you comment wez has F all to do with Neils problem :thumbup:

12. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

and?

his initial problem was solved, just thought i'd state the obvious :)

13. smp1987 Forum Member

yes well i have a ps3 as well but i always find myself playing and buying games for the xbox until the ultimate GT5 shows it face

14. neil kaye Forum Junkie

25 quid from game.co.uk for a wired one
    think ill get that,cheers sam

15. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Yes, When i have my brothers in my room a couple of months agao i hardy used it yet i changed the batteries twice!!

I use my PS3 controller on my PC and that charges at the same time so its never flat:)

16. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Make sure you buy decent batteries. Duracel Ultra M3 are the best for the wireless pads and last me ages personally. But as stated, get some rechargeable battery packs.

Was also wondering how long it would take for a petty PS3 fanboy (wez) to post in a thread about the Xbox. Nobosy gives a poopoo if you think the PS3 is better. We pay our money and make our own decision. I think Sony are spawns of the devil, and should rot in hell for the amount of companies they forced into administration over PS3 importing. But thats just me, i dont spout the gospel about them in every Sony thread.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  17. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Dont rise to it Luke!

You can tell he was jesting from the ammount of .........'s after the post:lol:

18. neil kaye Forum Junkie

yep thats exactly what i did, regardless to which is best the reason i got an xbox 360 is because thats what my son wanted for his birthday and it made him very happy indeedy

iv decided to get the play and charge kit and a wired one so iv got best of both worlds

19. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

faaaaanboy. id kill myself if i pledged allegiance to a PRODUCT.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  20. smp1987 Forum Member

i have a Ps3 but and i mean only because i want GT5