Yokohama A539’s

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by George HH, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Jettin' Forum Member

My M8 also has these on his valver and is quite impressed, progressive on the limit and good in the wet.

2. Joe_G Forum Member

A539's aren't that bad in the wet, as long as they've got a bit of tread, they just get a bit scary when low on tread in greasy conditions I found.

I now run the Toyo's which are better in the wet but not quite as good in the dry.

The Yoko's can't be that bad in the wet, my mate won a race at Donington with A539's in the wet, also had the lap record....

Joe

3. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Eagles for me too, great all rounders. Suffer a bit if you use them as dry track tyres though [xx(]

4. wibble New Member

Tyres, tyres, tyres, if ever there was a topic that sparked so much emotion. I'm running A539s on my MkII and I use it on the track regularly. Tyre wear is not a problem, grip is fantastic. May not be the best road tyre, but if you fit Toyos or F1s and use them on the track they'll last no time at all. For the money they are also great. If you find them a problem in the wet then slow down, you driving too fast for the conditions and probably you own abilities :lol:

5. nuttinnew Forum Member

I've got Uniroyals on the front of my GT, thought I'd try them as it was winter and inclement weather is the norm. Impressed with them, can't comment on dry performance yet though [:D]

6. DaySpring Forum Member

I'm running A539's on my 16's and they are excellent tyres when warmed up! if it's cold or wet they are interesting!. Gonna try either the BF profilers or Toyo Proxies next time round but with the bloody prices of 205-45-16's gonna be a while!
    Edited by: DaySpring

7. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

I would really stay away from the Goodrich.... last ages but offer no grip -- ever!

8. Joe_G Forum Member

Yup, I've also had bad experiences with the BF Goodridge, go for the Toyo's if I were you :)

9. mk3anniversary Forum Member

toyo's on my mk3 are great wet or dry, the yoko's on my mk1 are fab in the dry, in the wet its a little hairy.

10. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

where are the dunlop possy [:^(]

11. KeithMac Forum Junkie

In the ditch :lol:

12. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

13. zak. Forum Member

The only people who run sp9000's are the ones who want crazy low profile sizes :p

14. vdubgirl Forum Member

I have had no probs with my yoko A539's I have them on the Vr and the MKII .

I raced, with the mkII, in terrible conditions last november with them on and there was lots of standing and running water on the track and I had lots of grip and I managed to win my class.

15. Golden Forum Junkie

This same thread comes up about once a month, most people will say go for the Proxies or the F1's, and at this point I normally recommend the Bridgstone RE720, so there ya go!