You know what - a massive thanks to a VW Dealer

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by Teddy, Oct 29, 2008.

1. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

I have thanks for a VW Dealer too. After a moan about one too.........

VW CityCate High Wycombe - Avoid imho.

Phoned them up to order some gaskets that I had parts numbers for, to be greeted with:

"Oh you'll have to come down today before we close to pay for them before I order them. And we don't accept payment over the phone".

As I was at work, that wouldn't be possible today so inquired if I could come down and order them Friday morning. "No problem" was the reply, "We'll get the to you for Tuesday".

Well, that was no good for me as I wanted to do the work over the weekend. [:x]
    Kinda scuppered my plans a little.

However, the good news:

Keith Garages VW in Aylesbury - Recommend

Now, I expected to get pretty much the same deal from these guys, but as they are open to 8:30pm in the evenings, I would have been able to get down and pay for the parts no problem.

Call them up, give them the part numbers and I got:

"Ah, I'm afraid I have to order them as I don't have them in-stock. Sorry, but I won't be able to get them until Saturday Morning"

Errr....well thats pretty much fine for me I thought. And asked if he wanted payment, as I thought it would be a VW thing to not order parts without payment and got:

"No, just pay when you pick them up. They'll be here from 830ish".

hurrah, someone that was helpful and sorted out me out efficiently and politely.

So, if anyone is in the South Bucks area, I would advise that after my experience, to avoid CityGate VW in High Wycombe and travel out to Aylesbury and get your parts:

1. They are in the Phone book (Citygate can't even be bothered to find there way into the Yellow pages, and I forgot to get their number before leaving for work)
    2. They happily and easily ordered my parts there and then and will be ready for Saturday
    3. They'll except payment on collection, rather than forcing there customer to come down that day to pay for the parts.
    4. The Bloke in the Parts department wasn't a Mardy Git and had an idea of what customer Service is all about.

Well done Aylesbury VW :thumbup:

Boo to Citygate High Wycombe [:x] :thumbd: :thumbd:

I'd rather order, and Drive to the VW dealer I had to use in Adeneau, Germany than drive the 2 miles to my local one.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  2. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

Motorworld VW, Kidlington, just north of Oxford; excellent customer service.

3. Rigs Paid Member Paid Member

Citygate VW in Little Chalfont are CRAP also.

Yay for Aylesbury - awesome dealer.

4. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

A Citygate thing then....! [:x]

5. Imteyaz Forum Member

Another vote for Ian.B (Listers Coventry) from me, a really helpful guy. Maybe we should set up a CGTI clone fund and churn out some more good guys!

6. nickh89GTi Forum Member

VW in Exeter are spot on :thumbup:. Young lad in there knows what your talking about when describing parts over the counter and if it needs ordering can usually get stuff in the next day but never takes more than 2 days for the parts to arrive (unless you ask them to post to your home address then it takes about a week). Overall top service :thumbup:

7. Admin Guest

I think my GF would concur with that

8. G-Man Forum Junkie

Swindon VW - going back today to pick a simple part up but there's some cracking chaps there. Just parked up next to a bright orange mk3 covered in stickers, but noticed it was a turbo'd VR6 so had to have a peak with the bulging intercooler on the front.

Next thing one of the staff walked past and said hello, next thing we was chatting about it and had a good chin wag with him about the specs/cost of the vehicle so nice to see some people working at VW that enjoy dubbing as it looked a beast and apparently runs a T4 turbo.

Always helpful at Swindon, know their stuff and used to help me out for parts from my old Seat Arosa if they cold by looking up lupo stuff on ETKA for me :)

They'll get my custom as they actually listen to the customer rather than naturally trying to insult their intelligence by questioning what they're after.

9. vdubferret Forum Member

I am going to give Wayside Towcester a BUMP again as they are so helpful & not up their own backsides with NOT giving out part no.s etc. They always get my parts trade & I drive over from Birmingham to see them.

It's all about customer service! :-)

10. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

Is Coventry not any closer for you?;)

11. vdubferret Forum Member

Ian I hear good things about you & Listers in Coventry. With regret I have had so many bad experiences with them over the years, like taking 6 attempts to get a Rallye screen for me whilst car in bodyshop etc etc. Advising me I needed new RHD rallye headlamps when I got mine many years ago, not just rotating a screw to convert LHD>RHD? All water under the bridge now but once...no many times bitten & I vote with my feet.

12. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

I can understand that, shame but if I can ever help you know where I am.

13. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i luff my vw parts dept so much i gave them a christmas card when i brought my old water pump back for exchange

14. Doddsy Forum Member

Can anyone recomend a good garage and scrappy near Sheffield, need my head rebuilt soon - sadly only have street parking.