& you thought CC action days were bad!

Discussion in 'The Video Forum' started by iguana, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Admin Guest

bloody hell! thats a track day???

i've seen better mannered banger racing!

2. VR6T

VR6T Forum Member

What i want to know where was team "ned" and there counter parts Team "Chav"...

I have been to couple of Knockhill track days and they have never been anything like that, it must have been a west of scotland special needs (Glasgow) outing that hired the track, I suppose its better than them going around jacking motors.....:lol:

3. Admin Guest

you sure they hadn't jacked them then raced them? :lol:

the line up of the four astras nose to tail:o

4. leontdi Forum Member

yeah was gonna say looked like a joyrider convention with all those astra gtes in a line bumping each other, i expect they all had hotwired ignition systems .

5. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

There were certainly some cheap looking motors on there......

Chavfest?

6. Lod_Dub Forum Member

link dont work for me [:^(]

7. vegabass Forum Member

Jeez thats just madness! [:s] What a bunch of morons. [:x]

8. 16valver Forum Member

That is not the usual Knockhill scene.

I cant view the vid either, just get "team Gimps" on media player but with no sound.

I can asure you that most Knockhill days/evenings are well run with good marshalls, this is a "hot hatch" day, which most proper track dayer's avoid.

From a scottish car forum I understand that most of these folk buy cheap astra gte's, gti's etc for a couple of hundred quid and race them around the track. I have even heard about people with proper track cars buying a cheap banger for the fun of it and going to a hothatch day as it seems to be a bit more exiting than your usual trackday!!:o

Myself, I have avoided these days as I cannot afford to pay for damage caused by some idiot chav, although the idea of rubbing paint in a reasonably nippy banger does have some appeal! [:$]

9. leontdi Forum Member

this is kind of the way the coombe actiion days have gone you get some top dollar motors sat just gone saw an amg merc and a farrari 360 convertible and then the other end of the scale is old novas and fiestas not always sporty models driving beyond their limit if i had a farrari i would get rather annoyed if some chav t boned my 100000 plus pose mobile . in a 50 quid banger . makes it interesting watching a farrari get overtaken by everything including a fabia diesel .

10. POL

pol Forum Member

16valver is right. it's not the norm but unfortunately the 'hot hatch' events have turned into banger races. you normally see the car park littered with cars at the end of the day. they just abandon them rather than taking them back home. there is occasionaly some decent cars in the pack but most usualy avoid it.

if i remember right there was a bad crash a while back in which a supercharged saxo(when they were still quite pricey) got turned into what resembled a burst can of beans. cones are there to stop the t-boning into corners. you hit a cone your cars off the track for the rest of the day apparently. still to see it enforced any time i have been there.

there are enough motorsport clubs/car clubs (like cgti)/hot marques nights (car value above 10k) events run to cater for those that want to have quality track time without fear of their car being written off in the first bend by some **** in a 50 shed.

11. leontdi Forum Member

dont the marshalls get the owners to take the wrecked cars away at the end of the day then . i have still to do a coombe action day as everytime i go the driving is horrendous they used to have a sin bin area except i think thats been stopped now . that knockhill circuit looks dodgy if you come off anywhere i reckon maybe soon , trackdays will be more strict as to what they let on , you need tax at coombe and i think an mot should be compulsory along with licence produced just to make sure your not banned.

12. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

You can't tax a car without an MOT. ;)

13. leontdi Forum Member

yeah i know i meant you should have to produce both, you could tax it, say the car had 6 months mot left , nothing to stop you buying a years tax although as its now computerised i think they would find out when the mot runs out.

14. Jon GT2 New Member

Jeez i wouldnt find that very entertaining,if you know all of the drivers have a reasonable skill level it wouldnt be so bad but clearly they have not.

15. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

Me niether.

16. Golden Forum Junkie

LOL I noticed that, it's a hot hatch day, not a race series.

Good car control, but then I think north of the boarder TDA is on the schools syllabus [:[] .............................

17. iguana Forum Member

18. leontdi Forum Member

hmmm i got one of those steering wheels for sale had it on my golf for about a day nearly crashed with it . those chavaliers are ok in a straight line but not on the twisties.

19. rupe Forum Member

absolutely appalling :thumbd:

20. jc.. Forum Member

vid not working, anyone save it?