Young Drivers Survey

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by kerrly, Apr 3, 2007.

1. kerrly Forum Member

Anyone under 25, if you get a chance check out the Autotrader.co.uk website, there is a pop up survey aimed at young drivers.

It is the most appalling survey i have ever seen , full of stereotypes and is multiple choice with from what i can tell the aim of deliberately ensuring all young drivers are made out to be dangerous and considered a hazard.

Questions like -
    have you participated in the following.
    Cruising
    Racing other cars on roads
    Performing stunts like lying on a cars roof whilst in motion
    Other.

OR
    Which of the following do you think will cause you to crash.
    Loud music
    passengers
    phones/sat nav
    speed
    eating/drinking
    smoking

those are the only options? how about - other road users etc!

Or how often do you drink alcohol and drive - with no mention as to how much etc.

Worth filling in to hopefully dispell some of the stereotypes and prove that there are planty of people under 25 who are "good" drivers and we are not all as stupid as some survey producers think.

do your bit , only if your sensible though lol :lol:

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

are you saying youre a saint and have never done any of those bad things above?

young males are typically a bit dangerous, thats part of what makes us men i suppose lol

the quickest thing would be to ask

"have you done any of those bad things before?"

i thin the vast majority will say yes i have, cos we all did insane things when we were 17 that we'll prolly never do again

3. Alfa_Delta Forum Member

Why on the "Which is likely to cause a crash", do they single speed out - what about all the other recrational drugs?

4. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

poorly maintained cars....

lack of driver skill/inteligence

5. gorilly Forum Member

did anyone ever see brainiacs?

they had a test i htink it was with 3 drivers.

old man

rep

young driver

they did a series of tests.

the young driver won ALL of them, and in his car they had really loud music playing while women sat in all the spare seats taking their clothes off...

6. kerrly Forum Member

didnt see that but sounds interesting! sure in lots of driving skills tests younger people come out better as they are more competitive about these things lol.

there is also a question about how you feel when driving an TBH if you selected

SCARED
    NERVOUS
    ON EDGE
    which were some of the options- u dam well shouldnt be driving! i read another survey which claims 2 out of 5 women are scared whilst driving and dont feel confident to drive- Again WHY THE HELL THESE PPL ON THE ROADS! how does the test not filter out nervous hesitant drivers who cause more harm than gd just by the pressence!

7. The db

The db Forum Junkie

That sounds about right tbh.

8. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

the test is far too easy.

women, i think, may be slightly more nervous drivers (they dont quite have the propensity to blow themselves up as we do) so they are therefore more cautious/safer. stone me if you like, but thats my view.

i'll tell you something though, they have more silly minor accidents (car park ones for example) because i think they have spacial awareness and are easily distracted and dont concentrate/pay enough attention (ie they preffer to jabber! lol)

in short.... we're faster and therefore the best

9. Alfa_Delta Forum Member

I'll have to arrange for my G/F to take you out for a blart in her Mk2 and see if you maintain that opinion...

10. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

haha. is she a quick safe driver or just plain scarey?

i had the biggest compliment ever the other week. i went out with my ex and one of her mates. had not seen them for a while, since then id done work on the car. the ex sorta wanted to see how it went with the new changes.

found some of my fav roads and let rip. thurs out her friend is transporter driver in the army, has been for years, qualified up to her eyeballs, does all sorts of driving, including pursuit and evasisive this and that...

... the first thing she said... 'i wasnt scared yknow. your driving was quick and felt safe. youre a good driver'

i then went to say 'it was mostly the car' cos i love my golf... but decided to shut up and just be smug [:D][:D]

11. craggsy Forum Member

Was it just me who found that really funny

12. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i giggled too, but drugs are bad..... so its not a laughing matter!

13. kerrly Forum Member

i did have a chuckle about that "speed" gag too!!!

matt - ur so on the ball- its true, women have soo many little accidents and i know some who have made the most basic of mistakes but always manage to get away with it. in grand scheme of things if a woman has 10 crashes costing 100 each who does that make her less of a liability than a bloke who has one crash causes 1000 damage an then doesnt crash again for years...

14. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

and to be fair, id rather have a proper accident that was worth talking about rather than "i was driving into sainsburys whilst putting in my cocoa butter suger powder eye care cream when i accidently curbed both off side wheels to buggery because i basically wasnt looking at the road"

15. SPERMBANK

SPERMBANK Forum Member

Im not young anymore!!!!!

16. Alfa_Delta Forum Member

I honestly don't know what you are talking about...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

example of a real crash [:D]

18. kerrly Forum Member

let me guess , is that what happened when you let ya gf drive ya car :lol:

cheap shot i know! [:$]

19. Alfa_Delta Forum Member

Nope - not at all. It's what happens when a 406 stops dead infront of you halfway through it overtaking parked cars on a blind bend whilst at the same time a Merc Sprinter van is coming the other way overtaking cars parked on the other side of the road...

Happened exactly 1 year yesterday...

I'm sure I've got pics of the Mk2 when my g/f re-moddeled it on a Porsche 928 at a round about - I have to say though, there was a whole lot less damage than I did to the Campaign.

20. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

Porsche 928 **drool**