Young kids driving 'daddy's cars-Grrr

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by G-Man, Jun 30, 2006.

1. G6 TEE Forum Member

Try looking after 3 motors mate :lol:

2. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

boxster i believe.............

3. Seraph Banned

hmmm......still worth a dabble![:D]

4. Claypole Forum Junkie

Was brand new and he had more than one over the past 18 months so suspect it gets washed at the garage. [:s] :lol:

5. superden Forum Addict

Whether he cares for it or not is irrelevant, he may love it but ...

SIMPLE FACT: if you get something for nothing, you will never truly appreciate its worth.

He may feel lucky, but he wont understand what having to work to earn the 18k means.

:)

6. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Yes. Boxster S.

Not alot to look at but boy does it go![:D]

7. David Number 2 Forum Member

i know what you mean about respect if you earn it yourself.

my parents havent given me a penny to help me pay for my valver, where my mates get there brand new corsas and clios bought for them.

I feel like ive achieved something, its abit of a challenge...and at 18, its not the easiest of cars to live with!

8. Rallye Forum Junkie

meh get over it, so what he's driving his dads car

I really really want a E46 M3 Coupe or a E39 M5 but i dont get ****ed off when i see people my age in em, my time will come

9. Bobby_T_16v Forum Member

There was a guy in Dundee who when i was 21 driving a 1.4 golf mk3 he was 17 driving a Honda Integre Type R I was gutted !

Saying that there is a guy from Hamilton, thinks he's 21 driving a newish Ferarri (which is actually his !) thats even more gutting !

10. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

I don't really care what other people drive, the fact is that probably most of the new and/or expensive cars on the road aren't actually paid for. I choose to drive my Golf, it's all paid for, I could buy a more expensive or showy car but I like the one I have. Having a new or posh car these days means nothing, it says nothing about your social status, earnings or the type of person you are, anyone can borrow a fortune that they can't really afford and flash it around.

If I was willing to sell my house and live in a smaller cheaper one in a dodgy area, then I could take out what would effectively be like a second mortgage to 'buy' just about any car on finance. That way I could pump all my earnings into driving some anonymous brand new car, watch it depreciate so quickly that in a few years I'd effectively have spent a fortune, have nothing I actually owned, and end up giving the car back to the finance company! Oh, how I envy all the new car owners out there... :thumbup:

I appreciate some new cars are paid for in full by people, those who enjoy loosing money through rapid depreciation I expect, and to those people - well done. People who buy them on finance are in my opinion simply 'renting' a car which they assume will impress people, not so. :)

11. superden Forum Addict

Well said, my sentiments exactly :clap:

12. dubst16v Forum Member

im not to bothered bout havin posh cars unless they are all in your face about it when they havnt actually saved the money.
    i remember saving up 500 to buy my first car took me forever and i loved it all the more for it.

13. GTILass Forum Member

people always assume daddy bought my cars because im the spoilt only child! its so harsh being judged................im glad i worked hard to have what i do, i look after my cars so well in comparison to those who have had them bought for them!

its the one thing in life my dad would never give me (along with a house lol)

14. TurbTech Forum Junkie

My mate who is 21 has just gone out and brought a 16k Audi TT on finance over 5 years! All the girls are like "wow he's got a TT[l] " and i just sit there biting my lip [:|] Just makes me appriciate what i've got really.

15. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

Pah, TT's on finance [xx(]
    The correct procedure here is to say what a nice car it is, and how you'd love to have a little race with it just to see how far technology has progressed and how much quicker than your old Mk2 it'd be... then thrash it obviously :thumbup:

16. Cabby Dave Forum Member

Ive just started working for a finance company and It really shows how much everyone is in dead up to there elbows. No one really owns cars nowadays!

17. dubst16v Forum Member

i own every inch of my rust bucket and i have no loans
    and no credit cards :p
    its cr*p watchin people have nice cars and nice holidays but at least i have less to worry about at night

18. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Nothing wrong with being able to drive your parents car tbh. I used to drive my dads cars around all the time as company insurance policy meant anybody with a license could drive car around with permission.

However if you really want to irritate the young chaps then there are 2 simple lines that will have them red in the face.

"Tell your dad his car is nice, but he should look after it better"
    "Thats a nice BMW mate. How many drugs you been selling to get that then?"

works every time.

:p