your favorite car soap..

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by animaniac, Jan 28, 2008.

1. animaniac Forum Member

I've used many brand turtlewax , autoglym shampoo conditioner, car plan, simonz shake and shine.

But they all did roughly the same job, but the turtle extreme use to make the water bead, but it worked better on metalic paint....

I've not tried the meguiars gold class wash or the ntx wash, but turtlewax brought out their platinum not too long ago and i think their platinum car wash is the dogs.

With the motor being red it soon fades and normaly the wash and waxes don't improve the paint, but the platinum works really good and the slightly fades parts look better, i think it conditions the paint more, it lathers up nice and it feels nice and waxy, where as some car soaps feel like your washing with water..

And if the cars been waxes it really makes it shine, even smells nice..

Anyone else use this..

I've been meaning to try the meguairs but halfords dont have the smaller 500ml bottles.
    As the turtlewax is only a 5, instead of 15 for the gold class..

[​IMG]

2. ambrose89

ambrose89 Forum Member

the sweeney

3. Admin Guest

I used to use Meguairs but Zymol smells nicer.

4. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

autoglym shampoo. much of a muchness i expect, i imagine most of the difference is in the washing technique you use. being an utter sad bod, sheryl and i ended up discussing the different car washing techniques in the pub for the best part of half an hour.

after that i love oldschool super resin polish, ultra deep shine works good too and turtle wax platinum sealant is the utter nads. i put some on the roof of my mk3 when i had it painted in september, still beads like a mofo today.

5. AndrewF Forum Addict

meguiars gold class paste, and remove with a microfibre

not that it matters as my cars paintwork has taken so mch abuse from being exposed to the sh**y northern elements and isn't lookin as good as it did. gonna have to do lots to it come summer

6. animaniac Forum Member

I've used normal turtle gloss guard and i've used the platinum wax which smelled nice and went on and come off easy but it did seem alittle dusty to me, although my friend thought it wasnt dusty, i think it may have been the weather conditions, or possibly a bad mixture..

I think i may have to try the platinum gloss gaurd....

Key thing to washing a car is to hose it off before washing, then wash the roof then the, windscreen, side windows, then doors and rear quarter to the trim, then bonnet and grill, then i wash the rear window / tailgate then the back bumper, then i do the front bumper and then the bottom of the doors and rear quarter of the car.

And then hose it all off, this way i prevent the washed part of the car from getting dirty.

7. bula_82 Forum Junkie

ahaha, its true [:$]

Meguairs all the way!

8. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

considering mine got finished in the dark it didnt look too bad at all today. no way am i doing that again

9. bula_82 Forum Junkie

i still didnt do mine, i went to romford and then to the pub.

tomorrow is dedicated to the car - cleaning and grille spraying.

10. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

thatll be friday then? [:D]

11. bula_82 Forum Junkie

cant do friday...

it'll be tomorrow!!!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  12. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

2 bet ;)

13. bula_82 Forum Junkie

you may aswell give me all your wages this week and be done with it.

have you not learnt by now, i always win ;)

14. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

thats a point, who bet 5 that my car wouldnt get an MOT? lol

15. bula_82 Forum Junkie

i dont think i did!!

there was a 5 bet, but its not mentioned on here, and you told me i'd won! ;)

the only way you can win is when your brother comes to meets and forces you to be on time. i congratulate him for that, coz no one else can!

16. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

would have been better if dean bought the mk2 and took it along for the meets [:D]

17. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

good old halfords, as theres no wax in it, so that helps reduce the streakyness, and its cheap(ish) but still shifts all the gunk i get from a squillion miles!

18. karmann gettit

karmann gettit Forum Member

[​IMG]

Meguiars - hours of fun; and not car cleaning!

19. bula_82 Forum Junkie

mawhaha, you owe me [:D] :lol:

one very clean a3 sits on the driveway.