Your favourite/least favourite VW car fad

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by dragonfly, Aug 2, 2011.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

So what's your favourite/least favourite VW car fad? You know the thing - airbrushed petrol caps, eyebrow spoilers, single wipers etc.

2. afbiker02

afbiker02 Paid Member Paid Member

I'm not sure what my farourite fad is but least favourite VW fads are - streched tyres, eyebrow spoilers, jetta lights on golfs, lowering your car so it's a few mm's off the ground, tiny steering wheels[:x] and big bumbers:lol:

3. Bomber604

Bomber604 Forum Member

I used to have a sub in the boot of my car & 6x9's on the parcel shelf years ago, but I just dont get the whole scene around filling your car with 2 tons of amps & subs then playing comuter generated bass tones on them which resemble whales farting!

Expensive & Pointless!

4. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

So not a fan of the VW scene then:lol: Id have to agree with what you said and add stupid stickers, moderately std 1.8t engines and show cages, big bumpers ftw thou!

5. afbiker02

I have to add roofracks filled with random junk for no apparent reason[8-}]

6. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

people who fit wheels that are worth more than their car

thats a good start

7. afbiker02

So pretty much anyone with a mk2 that has any wheels worth more than 400:lol:

8. PeeJay Forum Junkie

It's a new one on my, but the "loads of stickers, paint stripped / rusty bonnet" look, it's a touch odd to me.

Frankly I've got my heart set on something completely orginal, a green Mk1 GTi completely standard including the red grill surround!

9. TJ2727 Forum Member

- mk3 golf's with "quad" head lights. If you want 4 headlights on a car get an mk1 or 2.
    - Stretched tyres look like they are just waiting to have the wheels kerbed.

But I do take my hat off to the guys (or girls) who go for the subtle tweaks and or build the Q car.

10. CovGTi Forum Member

Wow is the grumpy old man section??

:lol:

11. CovGTi Forum Member

I like the random roof rack filling :)

Hate chrome (plastic chrome in particular) on modern cars.

12. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

Hate - fluorescent/bright (especially each wheel different) coloured wheels on cars they clearly don't match, excessive amounts of stickers, camber, roof racks, lower spec downgrades (especially blue interiors in MK2's [xx(] ), and maybe my most favourite - making 10 minute videos of your less than amazing car driving round a carpark set to whatever drum & bass/dubstep is in the charts with 5 minutes of said video being just credits [:|]

Like - eeeerrrrrrmmmm... Lows I guess :lol:

13. Admin Guest

:lol:
    Hate anything that isn't a performance upgrade

Like anything that is a performance upgrade

14. Tall Paul Forum Member

Owner inflicted rust. [8-}] If determined to destroy a car, why not just torch it and be done with it. Or if you crave attention, search out some of those luminous odd colour towelling socks and match with trousers that aren't long enough.

15. CovGTi Forum Member

I will stop tonight and get a photo of a golf that someone has put an angle gringer too.

Was red a few weeks back, then every Monday since another panel has been attacked [:^(]

16. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Saw this a few months back at my local Tesco... [xx(]

[​IMG]

17. afbiker02

Are you sure your not eyeing it up for ideas:lol:

18. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

Bad boy bonnets. End of

Gurds

19. Admin Guest

All the above and anything that's 'scene' and the type of things those ED38 lot do to their golfs.....

When I hear hear the terms 'lowered, stance, stretched, singe-wiper, porsche, de-badged' I instanly think sheeple and switch off..............

20. jonk710

jonk710 Forum Member

I did the BBS RS thing. Spent a fecking fortune on wheels and they felt too "scene". Took them off and sold them on, amazingly I never lost any money on them..:thumbup:

I really really hate the stretch tyre...:thumbd: