Your first gig

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Antichav, Jun 29, 2007.

1. PeeJay Forum Junkie

I'm not sure, TBH my memory of anything more than about 7 years ago is hazy to say the least. It could be

The Prodigy at the CIA, supported by the Foo Fighters, I wonder who would be supporting who these days! They were touring The Fat of the Land, so I guess 1997....ish

But I also went to Glastonbury 4 times from around 1996 to 2000, I defo went in 2000 because it's from about there my memory starts.

Or perhaps Baby-D in Glamorgan Uni freshers ball 96 or 97.

Like I say, anything before around June 2000 is a complete mystery.

2. Jonny777 Forum Member

Likewise! [:D] [:D] [:D]

3. The db

The db Forum Junkie

So we know about first gigs, but what about best gigs ever been to?

4. Ramblin Forum Member

pink floyd 1994 earls court. beat that.

5. VWSaxon

VWSaxon Forum Member

were reel big fish supporting them when you went? if so i was there and of a similar age too, i well enjoyed it!

but my first gig was fun lovin criminals, seriously cool!

6. red 8V Forum Member

mine was Inxs at webley in 1990 i think , it was real sunny at the time. top gig

been to see 100's of bands now .
    Red

7. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

A-Ha at Hammersmith - 1986ish (I was young and on the pull - went with two girls)

8. cliveyp Forum Member

More than likely to be either AFI a few years back, or Bad Religion a few years before that.

As for Metallica..... i can't ****ing wait! Been waaaaaay too long![:D]

9. red 8V Forum Member

funny you say that i was with a girl too .

Red

10. Mizz_P Forum Member

spice girls [:$]

11. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Alot of good gigs... so many to choose from...

When my band supported Fireapple Red @ Camden Underworld - we were good that night, they were mind blowingly ace and I got to watch it all from backstage!!

Oceansize @ The White Horse just prior to Effloresce (first album) being released

65 Days Of Static @ Wycombe Uni

Isis @ Mean Fiddler

Neurosis @ The Forum

to name but a few.

12. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

all gigs i've been to have been good, atreyu/36 crazyfists @ rock city, first "proper" band i saw, bfmv @ manchester apollo was first time i got in the pit, i ****ed some people up so that was good :lol: enter shikari @ hull uni as it was small venue, pretty intense and i was ****ed :lol: give it a name festival this year, the sleeping, fightstar and alexisonfire were all good, alexis @ rock city a few days later rocked although i almost passed out, one of the support bands was ace! :thumbup:

13. VDubChick Forum Member

Silverchair in Notingham Rock city when i was 12 (1995) and MTV were there.

14. VDubChick Forum Member

:lol: My best has to be Metallica or Korn in 1997 in Newport.[}:)]

15. Miss Psyclodia

Miss Psyclodia Forum Junkie

1994 slayer supported by machine head (best gig ever!!!)

16. N1CK Forum Junkie

2003 Dj yoda @Bosuns in PZ, then on a high the following weekend westwood ruined my life tbh:thumbd:

17. yeah that gig was sweet man. i've seen anti-flag again since then in preston and that was amazing . yeah i've been to some good punk gigs in the manc acadamy over the last 3-4years. the 3rd acadamy is good because there's no barrier so that means... stage dives:lol:

18. Jonny777 Forum Member

Fave gig ey?
    B.B. King and Gary Moore was incredible.
    Saturday of Download festival last year (the Metallica day) is a close second for me! [:D]

19. pRot3us Forum Junkie

Mudhoney - Liverpool 1989 [8D]

20. madmonkey Forum Addict

ACDC - Manchester 1994(?)