Your Local jetwash.

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by DuBDuDe, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Dubya Forum Junkie

I'm too tight to pay money for a jet wash, so I always hand wash the car myself! [:D]

2. LLOYD Forum Member

i used to pay Charlie Car Was in Northwich 10 quid for a mini valet but the powers at be built a f00kin Lidl on the site so forced them out of business . i now use the jet wash at Tesco in South Queensferry but i use about 10-15 sec jetting the brush with hit soap before it goes near my car

3. Andy947 Forum Addict

Got a pressure washer and a hose at home, no need for a jet wash.

Never use the pressure washer though, too harsh, jus mains waster pressure from the hose :)

4. DuBDuDe Forum Member

Should do its only been on since last december ;) wouold look better with a quality digital camera.

Yep i do that too.
    Edited by: DuBDuDe

5. Osprey Forum Member

I know that Tesco, my bro lives in South Queensferry. I live in Balerno and use the jet wash at JET on Lanark road but it's not very great. The tesco one out there good? Might try it next time I go out to South Queensferry for a proper job...even if my car would be dirty again by the time I got back at this time of year [:x]

Cheers,

Osprey

6. Jetta Forum Junkie

I use one of those "buy time" jet washes where you select what you want so I never use the brush.

7. Fielder Forum Member

I use one if im at my girlfriends uni where i cant wash it. Or if im pressed for time. However latly ive been using it more because its sooo cold outside [8(]

8. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

jet washes/power washers are evil :o [}:)]

firing water into every nook and cranny...

if ya motors full a sh1t,hose it first or throw a couple a buckets over it.
    then hand !carress! [:s] er hand wash i mean :lol:

9. DuBDuDe Forum Member

Yeah think i may give the jetwash a miss from now on.

But I cant hose it as i said cos the car park is over the road and cant park outside the house as its too dangerous we have already had two cars hit outside. me mums rover and me bros MK2 Gti both got smacked up. [:^(]

I just have nightmares about leaving some dirt on the car when rinsing the dirt off with buckets of water and then gettin the dirt on my lurvely cotton washing pad then making nice swirls on the bodywork with the dirt that gets on the pad and so on, and so on, etc, etc, etc. [:s]

Oh the trials and tribulations of washing your pride and joy without scratching it. Maybe just keeping it in a nice thick coat of wax will stop it gettin scratched. Gonna go and wax it tomo now.

10. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

should be okay as long as you soak it first. [:D]

you managing to source the bits m8? :)

11. DuBDuDe Forum Member

yeah got most of the bits now. But i wana go to town a bit on the head when i do it so am putting off for a couple of months so i cna save up some wedge.