Your opinoins springs coilovers and where from

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by dave18, Sep 18, 2007.

1. dave18 Forum Member

Hi peeps i need to replace my suspension, at the mo i have some mickey mouse springs which where on the car when i got it, i have a set of 40mm springs sitting in the sitting room, I have had a word with a mate at GSF and its looking like 150 inc VAT for everything, Dampners bushes bump stops ect ect. so i have looked around and been told GMAX is the way but everyone says they are 200 ish well according to GMax they are 352 and this is at a cheap price. Has any one got any ideas or names to go to????

Yes idealy i would love to go coil over BUT money is tight so anything more than 200 /250 is out of the question as it will cost 50 to get the traking done round here.

2. abf"d mk1 Paid Member Paid Member

my opinion. why would you love to go coilover? are you going to be adjusting the suspension height on a regular basis? if not a regular type will be more than adequate.

3. Packageman23 Forum Member

4. dave18 Forum Member

From what i have read on here, coil overs seem to be the ones to last longer and giver better handling, once the car is set i wouldnt bother changing it again, im looking for a 30 to 40 mm lower.

5. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

I got some coilovers off ebay lol, there back breakers but I love em ha ha

(Not adjustable damping)

6. andypaterson Forum Member

I got my Mk3 VR6 coilovers from a guy off www.clubpolo.co.uk. 215 delivered, and they go pretty low!

7. DarrenE Forum Member

Weitec

8. Phil. Forum Junkie

x2.

That's what I'll be getting next, the HGT?? kit comes in at around 220 - 250 depending on where you buy from and being a KW company you can't really go wrong.

Coilovers would also be nice but if I'd be looking at spending upwards of 500 on a decent set of coilovers.

9. DarrenE Forum Member

They also have a 2.5mm thread, so they are less likely to seize.

10. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

weitech and KW seem to be actual suspension makers. if i was going for coilovers, id get KW, Weitech or GAZ