1600cc 8v 193BHP for sale

Discussion in '8-valve' started by R.b!n_16v, Dec 9, 2010.

1. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

[8D]

[​IMG]

2. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

Reliability. One word to consider when 'upgrading' to an elec pump. My experience over the last 5 years has not been fantastic. Both my race cars are now back on mech pumps. I'm not saying don't do it, but think of reliability. When racing/rallying I always carried a full new pump as a spare. Good job I did.......

3. Admin Guest

Yep running far to hot on track, I now have made a new pulley that should bring the ratio back to the norm, but as said it may be running lots more revs than mine so the pulley ratio
    they have will work? but it is quite abit bigger...

4. skint_golfer

skint_golfer Forum Member

when I said upgrading I was using it relation to efficiencies and output however I should have also concidered the reliability aspect. that said and done, a good quality electrical pump, with a good quality motor, installed properly and used within the confines of its optimum perameters and free from manufacturer defect should be no less reliable given the short nature in which it is to be used i.e race distances.

still I would concour that a mechanically driven pump has less to go wrong and if selected properly would provide equally good cooling with better mid to long term reliability...

you cant leave the mechanical pump on when you've got the engine off though which would be desireable for a highly stressed racing engine... just a thought.

5. fahrnix New Member

I think the engine is already sold. Isn't it?
    I'm highly interested in a fuel injection system from Kugelfischer for a 1600cc GTI eingine. Can you provide me some information?
    Best regards,
    fahrnix.