2 failed theft attempts and counting...

Discussion in 'Security' started by Admin, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Devon Dubber

Devon Dubber Forum Member

I've got one of those Discloks. Is pricey, got it as a present though. I find it brilliant. Very easy and quick to fit, bit big to store. Has to be held down somehow when driving otherwise serious injuries!
    Sticks out like a sore thumb when it's fitted. This along with gearstick/handbrake bar, immobiliser, locking wheel nuts and door armour plates should keep them at bay?

2. conor2469 Forum Member

Snap off steering wheel is the best option. that way its impossible for them to steal it and you spend the money you would otherwise be spending on clamps and locks on a nice steering wheel for your car :thumbup:

3. monkeyzoo Forum Member

Left the house one Sunday morning to find everything that was in the car on the drive and front garden in tidy looking piles. Seems like I may have left it unlocked [:$]. As my sub, infinities and two amps were still present I put it down to being a drunken prank by some "usually well behaved boys". It was only that evenening that I realised TomTom had been in the glove box[:x]

Two counts of stupidity on my part but on top of ALWAYS LOOKING THE CAR I now have two infra-red cctv cameras hooked up to a small monitor and a hard disk recorder.

Since then there's been a bit of "activity" in the area but not on my immediate patch!

Approx 400 for the whole system. Not cheap but a fair price for a good nights sleep.