2e motor

Discussion in '8-valve' started by gtidaddy, Jan 9, 2007.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

back on topic-ish, what is it that makes the compression ratio different on the 2.0, is it the head, the piston shape or just the increase in CC?

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

[​IMG]

Here you go my 3A motor complete with 2E inlet manifold and ABF TB. Controlled by digifant.

3. Mike_H Forum Addict

Agree with Toyotec... the EV 8v was a perkier engine, due to a more agressive cam and responsive fuelling. A 2.0 8v is a great cruising motor, but really needs head work to release the power, and you need to be careful with the chamber volume to avoid losing compression. I think a lot of people stick the thick metal gasket on it too, which doesn't help a bit.

Anyone know the standard head chamber volumes for a PB, 2E or ADY/AGG engine? I'd be very interested to find out...

Also 9A vs KR - are they the same and just the pistons are different, or does it need tweaking before I fit my shed head? What should the chamber volumes be?

4. Mike_H Forum Addict

Interestingly, the G60 head has bigger ports than the NA 8v heads. So might be worth investigating. Late service heads also have the bigger ports from the G60 casting.

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

Have you tried changing the AFM? If the spring gets old and soggy they can run too rich whenever you're on the throttle, but OK at tickover. You say the plugs look ok on tickover.What do they look like if you do a mile down a straight road at 60-70 in 4th, then shut off the engine and pull into a layby. Black and sooty could mean a tired AFM spring. You could always open it up and tighten it a 2-3 notches to see if it improves.

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Not the AFM, I've got a new one on there!
    Will try your suggestion of pulling the plugs after a run in 4th tho :thumbup: