35k MK2 OEM,OCD,OTT,OFFS

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by damien.wrl, May 20, 2009.

1. damien.wrl Forum Member

not going to bite.....bought it as a daily but cant use it for that now...have to keep the mileage down so use it when its dry and keep it garaged...... sorry but I would rather rather loose my wedding tackle in a tin opener than have smoked rear lights flared arches neon tubes underneath or mirrors from the M3?????... what are coilovers??? are they like apple turn overs or sleep overs or even pull overs......legovers???... if you need to go fast get a bike is my moto....

behave now... Mark H

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  2. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

Where in cornwall do you live?

3. Jamie_pyrite Forum Member

Excellent post. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Definately prefer it on the RA's. To be honest I actually think differently, I'd rather see a car like that kept preserved (definately not modded) than driven loads or thrashed about. Part of the reason I got mine, I'm too young for a concours car and want something I can have some fun with and not worry about every little scratch, etc.

more pics!! [:D]

4. damien.wrl Forum Member

Torpoint.. next to Plymouth...the other end of the county...

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  5. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

thats not really far from concourse

6. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

is the black grill badge standard?

7. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

yep it is on mine anyway.:thumbup:

8. cometbluecoupe Forum Member

That is tremendous. Makes me want to put mine back to standard. Id be scared to drive it though. I think the bottle tops would look good and I think although they were standard on the 16v that they were an option on the 8v like you say. The RA's look fine though. Black grill badge defo original.

9. jamesa Forum Junkie

Opinion of an opinion of an opinion .... :)

Not attempting to stir anything - you are jumping to conclusions with regard to my interpretation of the word modifying - do the cars in my signature look as if they have been treated as you have interpreted the word?

Detail as is being interpreted here is a triviality and insult when it comes to the level of detail required to engineer a worthwhile and safe modification.

As I said, the car is in superb condition - credit to you for wanting to keep it that way however my personal view is that such cars need and should be used more than cherished / laboured over.

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  10. jamesa Forum Junkie

pp Jamie

... sheep :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. damien.wrl Forum Member

Nobody bite... please.... horses for courses each to their own... but you can guess that I am old fashioned classic car keep it original... someone has to save the factory originals for the future and at 34k miles It is wrong to do 12k a year now.. I had to do 120miles to (Perranporth and back) last week feel bad about that..... Mark H

12. jamesa Forum Junkie

Fair enough Mark - it`s only opinion, not personal - good luck to you.

I did consider a comment here (below) but then realised my flame retardent suit would not be sufficiently robust :)

http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182743

As another example of personal taste, here`s my well used and modified Mk1 ... in similar surroundings

[​IMG]

13. damien.wrl Forum Member

No problems matey each to their own, as long as you love them how can there be an argument[:D] ... I have commented on that thread, would love to swop on that one would like to see a bit more first .. I am probably a bit older than you and have been into classic cars for years... I have seen so many great cars vanish... e-types stags etc all used to be quite common on the road but are only now seen at shows... The gti is as legendary as anything you can care to mention... someone needs to keep them out there... badly wanted a MK1 but they are getting very rare..will you find one in five years???? you cant even get a decent set of seats now...
    I wish I had the tools/skills abilities of some of the people on the sites I would be OEM rebuilding all day long.... hopefully you too will one day want an oem one
    Your car looks great you know what i would have to do to it dont you :lol:
    Mark H

14. jamesa Forum Junkie

15. damien.wrl Forum Member

Looks identical and offers????????

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1055575.htm

16. WillG

WillG Forum Member

that guy looks like he has just bought it ridiculously cheap (/ripped off) of an old guy and is now looking to sell it for a nice profit.

plus his has 3x more miles than yours ;)

17. damien.wrl Forum Member

yep it was on piston heads a few weeks ago for not a lot of money low mileage is good but as we all know its hardly run in....[:D]

18. damien.wrl Forum Member

19. AlexLatwiel New Member

Amazed, lovely motor!

20. damien.wrl Forum Member

This thread is about to vanish so thanks everyone for the kind comments... we all like to have peolple looking at our cars and a few kind words keep you going... off to the garage with the autoglym....... see you out there
    Vinnie may pop up again later ... waiting for the refurbed bottle tops.. any day now..
    thanks again Mark H