ABF engine, what an engine!!!

Discussion in '16-valve' started by 1.8T-20v, Feb 20, 2011.

1. R.b!n_16v Forum Member

i get that but when your building a gti you want preformance, ok nice road preformance.. But they went of rallying and compete in stw and more classes.. why dont make a new engine with nice bore stroke ratio and good flow etc. If audi sport can make so much bhp from this base what would they can do with a proper base.

I dont get why dont make in one car a proper 16v makes it a lot easyers to tune for race use.

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Well .. see FSI, that demonstrates the improvement you're referring to. Unfortunately the FSI arrived after the Super Touring era, otherwise I'm sure they'd have raised the bar again!

There are no works motors on 8 injector independet TBs that I know of since the 20v Kit Cars.

The old 16v road performance was fine, but the design was what it was for who knows what reason? I've speculated above.

3. R.b!n_16v Forum Member

fsi is fine but then also the bore stroke is lacking if they where going bigger bore we could use bigger valves, on the other side if you think in valve size the flow it has isint all that bad i ques

4. LregG

LregG Paid Member Paid Member

I guess I was relating my previous question in relation to the xe head design......packaging dimensions didn't factor in if I'm honest as I was talking from a performance point of view

5. Southy_GTI Forum Member

Just thought I would add some fuel....

This is my last dyno as of January:
    [​IMG]

Motor is bone stock from rocker cover to oil pan, just running bolt-ons and piggyback ECU.