Alternator bracket

Discussion in '16-valve' started by joe98, Mar 5, 2019.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yep or have a last look on the other numbers I gave you might find something a bit cheaper from google, or trawl the classifieds one here and facebook. If you're on FB try Brendon Moss he has a massive selection of MK2 golfs breaking for spares so he'll probably have all the stuff you need!

looking at the 16v upper tensioner its totally straight, but the 8v one you have has a kink in it. So you'll probably need to fit a spacer between it and the alternator if it fits. might find its not long enough though, but see how you go.

2. rubjonny

Oh! Check your belt is correct for the 16v too, part number is 050903137, length 950mm.

3. joe98 Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks John.

I've scraped all the parts together and they should be coming early next week. I couldn't figure out what belt I had but I ordered one anyway as nearly all the teeth were missing! Another possible reason for my electrics cutting out randomly!

I'll give you an update when the parts drop [:D]

4. joe98 Paid Member Paid Member

Haven’t been able to get on the website since it was updating but I’ve finally got my GTI back on the road!

Thanks to John and Club GTI for all the help I’ve been offered. The parts recommended fit perfectly [:D]

Attached Files:

5. rubjonny

excellent :)