And On The Fifth Day God Created Sound-aka itzafriday

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ambrose89, Mar 7, 2008.

1. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

here is the thread with the dead pics, I should be able to upload some soon....

2. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

3. sportline Forum Junkie

didnt take long, i just have to type in "pied piper of pussy" into search to find probably the funniest threads ive ever read on here lol.

erm.... pot-kettle-black;)

sorry, i'm not picking on you, it just amused me that you were pulling sutherland up on bigging up his wife.
    i mean jesus, if you cant big up your own girl theres something wrong lads.:)

4. sportline Forum Junkie

5. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Is my laptop being a spacker?
    Can't see the pics.

Sportline - very good points made. I guess I think she is extra special too after what she went through in November with superhero levels of bravery.

6. prof Forum Addict

you've taken that all out of context, Dave's post above was a relevant post about what's happened to him over the last 2 years after a concious effort was made to improve his life all over.

7. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Pics were hosted on a host which is no longer there, it was a while back! I have planty more at work, so I'll edit the thread some day.
    Only 3 on this computer, none of them very good!
    But -

The house as seen when zoomed in from standing on the mainland:
    [​IMG]

Closer, a few years ago when I was redoing the front:
    [​IMG]

And once the front was completed:
    [​IMG]

I have plenty of better ones on the work computer - but it's at work and I am not![:D]

8. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

TSC - Cool! Reminds me ever so slightly of our "Scout Hut!"

So do you live there or is it a holiday type place?
    Like the little boat too - nice classic lines.

The Scout Hut...

[​IMG]

Yeah yeah Prof, whatever. Met mine when we were both very young, got married, all been brilliant. If I was still looking at my age, or older, I'd consider myself a failure.

9. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

I certainly don't live there! No hot water, no heating, no mains water, no phone (so no internet of course!) no mains power, a well to provide water to wash in, but it probably isn't safe to drink. Just a holiday place. I have a "normal" house as well - it's a couple of hours drive from my place down to the landing stage we launch the boat from.
    The boat is a "With" and is ancient - it's on it's 4th set of gunwales! We have a few other boats up there, had a nice "Dijon" with a really nice Evinrude outboard on it, steering and throttle control etc. - but some fecker nicked the engine about ten years ago, so now we are reduced to a 4hp putter.
    My daft bint cousin managed to "crash" the boat last year - towed it all the way from the lake without the trailer hitched on properly. 100 miles. Then about half a mile from wheere the boat lives, it finally decide to come loose, shot across the road and crashed into a tree. Fibreglass all cracked, front seat mangled, and the gunwales along one side shattered. Fortunately my uncle is a boatbuilder, (well, was - he's 70!) and it's now as good as new. That was it's last set of gunwales, doubtless there will be more.....

10. karmann gettit

karmann gettit Forum Member

Not so sure about on men but I wear them all the time; have got green ones, pink ones and my very favourite loblan black ones with brown bits on

FAB HOUSE!!!!! [:D]

11. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i have cowboy boots in the car. they ARE fab

12. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Just bought myself a bit of filler for the Salcombe Flyer - few little cracks revealed when I towed it up and tried to polish out some scratches (unsuccessful!).
    Engine in for a service shortly then it's back in the water.

Bit of work to look after but I'd be lost without a boat now.

That place must be a real haven.

13. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Not everyone likes it - I'd say 99% of blokes and 60% of girls fall in love with the place! The rest don't like the lack of amenities... but I've just bought a beefy 200Kg generator, which means I'll be able to connect up a domestic immersion heater for hot water, as well as run a much beefier pump to pull water from the lake. And I am putting in over 1000Ah of battery bank to run the 12v sytem the house is wired with - so even if the genny wouldn't start I'd have power for around a fortnight of constant use!
    It's also a complete money pit, there is always something needing done, and it takes a lot of work to keep going - I spend about half my time working on the place when I'm up there, but I actually enjoy it. If the place was sold then I would never need to work again, would drive a Veyron and live in a huge mansion - but there are some things you just can't buy anymore, and to me the peace and quiet, as well as the family history, makes it worth more than any amount of money.

14. prof Forum Addict

I think it needs a distillery out the back to help with the feng shui, and keep your chi flowing

15. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Well the old hot water tank has no fitting for an immersion, so it's up for use... and there is plenty of copper pipe sitting about... TSC Poitin!

16. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Oh, and there is one thing that has always befuddled me. The place has some ANCIENT gas lamp fittings. They are connected to gas pipes.
    Where the hell did the gas come from? This is WAY before the days of bottled gas, and Northern Ireland only got mains gas around 15 years back!

17. prof Forum Addict

My house had them built in, and was built in 1902, but like you say, on an island.....:o

oh it'd be rather good if it has a huge natural gas deposit somewhere...:lol:

18. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Maybe a big herd of cows kept the lamps going?

19. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

The only thing I've ever been able to come up with was a gasifier, you know, heats wood or coal and it gives off gas? Stores it in big canvas bags, I've seen pics of cars running on them during the war, big bag on the roof.
    But I'd think it would still be there, like pretty much everything else which has been brought up over the years!

20. prof Forum Addict

Actually i'm thinking that there must be a bunker somewhere with captain nemo style victorian technology, and an excellent series of french lithographs and early film of "Horatio's Monocle view, starlet auditions"

i'd have a good shufty on google earth see if anything looks a little odd

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008