And On The Fifth Day God Created Sound-aka itzafriday

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ambrose89, Mar 7, 2008.

1. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Google earth is rubbish at the area round the lake - it's just a big green blur!

2. prof Forum Addict

is that to protect national secrets?

3. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

If I were to clarify that, I'd have to... well you know the rest.

4. sportline Forum Junkie

the lack of amenities is what i'd love about that place. that and the fishing on the lake[:D]

.[/QUOTE] If the place was sold then I would never need to work again, would drive a Veyron and live in a huge mansion - but there are some things you just can't buy anymore, and to me the peace and quiet, as well as the family history, makes it worth more than any amount of money.[/QUOTE]

I love your thinking mate!! your sooo right:clap:

5. sportline Forum Junkie

just thinking! love the way youd never sell it, and understand it must cost alot of time and energy to keep in the right condition.
    but ive heard of people with huge amounts of land building little huts with no electricity or anything and renting them for big money to city types who pay sky high prices to "feel young again". were talking 300-400 quid a weekend, and the idea is theres nothing provided and they fend for themselves.
    i can only begin to imagine how much some rich kid in the city and his mates would be willing to pay for a secluded island!

i mean, im sitting here wondering wether to offer you evrything i have for a week there:lol:

seriously, it could give you enough to retire on! worth a thought?

6. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

The fishing is great - I'm terrible at fishing and don't even bother trying, but apparently a little further up the lake they hold fishing competitions. There are BIG feckin Pike around as well, it used to terrrify me when I was a kid swimming across the lake, because you can't see what's beneath you. There could be a giant one, just waiting, watching.......[:s]

If the place was sold then I would never need to work again, would drive a Veyron and live in a huge mansion - but there are some things you just can't buy anymore, and to me the peace and quiet, as well as the family history, makes it worth more than any amount of money.[/QUOTE]

I love your thinking mate!! your sooo right:clap:[/QUOTE]

7. prof Forum Addict

TSC island tours, knives, fire, whiskey, explosions, donkeys,

1k each for city bonus guys.

8. prof Forum Addict

Dave could help out as weapons tech, then make them have it Deliverance stylie, while wearing cowboy boots and Ray Bans

9. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Haha - the thought did cross my mind once, but no. It's hard to describe, but it's "private" - only family and friends go there, it's by invitation only!
    That and the fact that we use paraffin lamps for heating. Drunk city boy, knocked over paraffin lamp - no more house!
    I couldn't even build another house there to rent, nearly the whole of Upper Loch Erne is an area of Special Scientific Interest - so no building!
    Some dick recently bought a "plot" of land (no idea how big, but it's not an entire island) a way down the lake, for 2.75m. The halfwit thought he's build a nice wee cabin there to spend the summers. Then he put in for planning permission and the planners basically said "No, Never. Go away".
    So the dickhead is stuck with a field on an island that he paid megabucks for and he can do nothing with....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you ever come over to NI you are more than welcome to come along for a weekend -- best done in the summer!

10. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Loads can buy a Veyron, mansion, etc. Not many have a feck off great island to use whenever they want.

I'd have my own shooting facilities, an MTB course, a running area and a little power boat for blatting around.

Got to admit TSC, that is one great asset to have and like the attitude too.

11. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

Pweese can I be your fwend? [:$] :lol:

12. sportline Forum Junkie

Im on my way!:)

seriously, id love too. obviously i'd bring a van full of whisky in return.

its an amazing story. all the time on the forum and i thought TSC island was just a phrase for your house! lol
    hope you never have to sell it dude!

did just occur to me, would be a bit of a disaster if your cousin wanted his share buying out! i mean, if a field is worth 2mil. what the feck would i island be worth. :o

13. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Talks are in progress with Environmental Heritage (who control ASSI's) with regards to shooting "legally", which would mean Id get together a clay trap and a rifle range - of course, I'd be doing this in the interest of nature.;)
    They don't like mink as they kill everything, and they don't like deer as they eat baby trees - so of course I'd be doing them a favour by managing the land properly...:lol:

14. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Think I blew my chances of an invitation by about page two of this thread...!

15. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

Nah, Christ was/is all about forgiveness, surely?

16. sportline Forum Junkie

ye, i'd have a hell of a bike trail, with a sheeet load of north shore through the woodland!
    little fishing boat, riva speedboat! and one of those old ceder strip canadian canoes for stelthing about in!

proper dreaming now lol

17. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

The cousin is a "she", and has the same attitude as me! I'd guesstimate around a million for the house and surrounding 5 acres or so, probably another 10 mill for the rest. But TBH, she has no kids or anything to inherit - so if she did want to sell out, I'd just slit her throat after forcing her to write a will leaving her half to me![:D]
    I know it sounds like a hell of a lot, but to me there is no money there - it's just an island. I mean you could sell one of your kidneys and get a few grand, but you don't sit there thinking "Hey hey, these kidneys are sitting there, money in the bank, eh?"

18. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

It's VERY woody woodland, you'd have a lot of work to do!
    I'm going over with a mate sometime during the week after the 14th, and if he can get his trailer fixed he's bringing up his 60hp Dory, woohoo! No cabin, no nothing - it's like sitting on top of a floating engine!
    It'll probably be too wide for the dock, but right beside the "jetty" bit of the dock the lawn just slopes into the water, so we can run boats up the lawn no problems.

19. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

TSC- Its good that it has landed in some one's hands that respects family heritage and hasn't sold out for a few bucks....

If it was me, ide be driving a Veyron and the whole family would never be talking to me again!!!! ..... lol

20. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

TSC - our boat is not far off a Dory with a 60 (think slightly more sport Boston Whaler).
    Was talking to it's previous owners last week about how quick it is - they reckon they've GPS'd it at 40 knots!

Boats up the lawn? Proper James Bond stylee!

If we ever buy this gaff, I'm doing some clearing and getting an MTB track installed.