Audi TT 225bhp

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by Rob.gti, Mar 26, 2005.

?

Please vote what you think!

1. Smart. Love them. Yes please!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Not sure, bit of a t**ts car

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Girly car

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No thanks, rather have a Skoda!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Seraph Banned

cappucinos! :lol: , takes all sorts i guess!

2. Rob.gti Forum Member

I think you started the personal attacks. Cant take the heat, get out the kitchen. Leave me and worcs alone, and you will have no come back.

Plus Golfgirl isnt really involved in tonights antics.

3. slick Forum Junkie

stop being such a f**king elitist.

I never attacked you personally, or your region for that matter, look through the post and you will see that.

So i was right in 3 worcs region members being involved in this then. Thankyou.

You quote one personal attack on you in this thread by me and i will apologise.

4. Rob.gti Forum Member

erm....!! [:s]

5. slick Forum Junkie

Right so stating the obvious is a attack now. Right. I do apologise. [8-}]

Now then rob about those personal attacks you accused me of. [:[]

May i suggest you apologise for such an accusation and in future if you don't think you are going to like the outcome of a thread then do not start it. :thumbup:

6. Rob.gti Forum Member

I havent accused you of anything. Plus I dont mind the outcome of this thread. Each to their own. Comstructive opinions are valid

7. slick Forum Junkie

in your very words.

erm... [:s]

8. chrismc Forum Junkie

LMFAO @ all this!!....

For once in my life I have to agree with Tubs though!!

For all their obvoius technology, 225TTs really dont go as well as they ought to on track. Maybe its the losses through the transmission, who knows??

Sure they can be worked on, but when you have already shelled out 10K+ for the car, & then you are looking at big turbos/proper suspension etc & the like then there are definately quicker viable alternatives..

Surely throwing a car round the track is a half decent test of its competence b'locks??? You obviously bought your car to sound nice & have gearing that is too tall to be any real use then??

I bought my car to be swift & a decent step up from my previous 2L 8v mk2.. :)

Im certainly in no doubt that it is exactly that. ;) 200BHP/160lbs/ft in a well sorted mk2 chassis with an ATB diff is certainly very capable on road "&" on track "&" able to spring a surprise or two...

:clap:

9. vrbanana Forum Junkie

very funny thread but I didnt see in the title about peoples opinions of the TT as a track day car :lol:I like them but as someone said they are a little common, a sign of there success I suppose

10. chrismc Forum Junkie

Only questioning their dynamic ability as standard... [:s]

They certainly aren't a bad car by any means...I am just surprised that old technology with a few bolt on tweaks can make them look very ordinary [:$]

11. vrbanana Forum Junkie

old technology???? most of the VW are still using the same block from the 70s and you single out a car that when new was quite distinctive and was considered radical from a design point of view[:s] [:s] [:s] [:s]

12. chrismc Forum Junkie

1.8Ts' making 225BHP & 4WD is enough to make it a wee bit ahead of the old mk1/mk2 level of technology surely?????????

So what are you saying, radical design styling but same old underpinnings??? [:[]

13. vrbanana Forum Junkie

Cant compare the new and old, its like comparing chalk and cheese, look at the weight of the thing. The TT has a vibration damper block under the rear bumper that weighs as much as the head on a MK1.

It wasnt designed to compete with Mk1s and 2s on the track or road, it was designed around what other manufactures are making at the time of its design.

Look at the VW cup, the MK1s and Scirocco made the MK4s look slow because of the weight difference etc. Any car can only be compared to what is being made at that time, with the refinements and gadgets wanted as standard now theres no way theres ever going to be another equivalent to the Mk1 or 2 so its pointless trying to compare them

14. vrbanana Forum Junkie

wonder what the power/weight ratio is for the TT and MK2 Gti?????

15. b'locks Forum Addict

LOL be quiet u idiot!!! :lol:

I bought my car because it's a f*cking lovely car and I never, ever get tired of driving it and having compliments given to me for it. It's an awesome car.

Get over yourself!!! [:D]
    Edited by: b'locks

16. Claypole Forum Junkie

Audi must have been reading this thread... :lol:

This fast enough?

225 too slow try 240?

For the money a TT costs there's just too much other stuff out there that are more driver's than style concious cars.

17. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

18. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Missing the point. If you wanted to stay with VAG (which is clearly detailed), fancied a coupe and something you hadnt owned before, with a price tag of about 15k what would you pick?? Answers on a Mk2 clouded judgement postcard.

19. 45rugdub Forum Member

Was the original thread about do you like the TT or not. Well I think we should get back to it. As an every day car a TT would be ace, nice and comfy and safe full of toys and a bit of power when needed. If you want a track car would you not prefer something thats meant to be on the track like a super 7 or tuscan instead of trying to force a mk2 to go round a corner and ringing its neck for a few bhp more.

20. AndrewF Forum Addict

its a good point but the reason peeps use mkII's is that they cost considerably less than a 7 or the like. it would actually be a better idea to use something like an e30 325 as a budget track toy i suspect.