best way to keep your car sacure

Discussion in 'Security' started by Mk2gti8v, Apr 21, 2008.

1. dan_1987

dan_1987 Forum Member

True, but it saved huge holes being punched through my doors and I only had to replace the plinth after they broke in. Can't moan at that.

2. Mk2gti8v Forum Member

well it looks like a removable steering wheel would be the best bet, if it was ever to get broken into i would rather they rape the car of a few bits than drive of with the whole thing and burn her to death,

may be i should place a sticker on the window politly saying, please take what you want but dont damage the new paint job.:)

3. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

No. The two boss halves are a matched pair, so another wheels won`t fit.

Basically, the half of the boss attached to the column has three steel dowels, that locate in holes in the half attached to the wheel. These dowels and holes are in a random configuration on each boss kit.

4. Steve B Forum Junkie

5. pigbladder Forum Addict

thing is are you gona use a removable steering wheel evertime the car is left, as it carry it around the shops and so on?

6. Mk2gti8v Forum Member

well with alarm fitted and imobiler i was thinking of sticking the steering wheel in the spare tyre well in the boot. not sure if its the best idea though.??

7. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Should be OK for going round the shops, since the boss has an integrated lock so even if someone finds the wheel they can`t fit it and drive off without it`s key. Obviously, when you are at home bring the wheel in with you.